Good Cover Songs

seasider

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The studio version is almost entirely redundant at this stage. If you are going for the NIN version, live is the way to go.

in particular was amazing.

Bias aside, I do think the original Personal Jesus was a far better song too. Burn me in hell, but the Cash version bores me to tears. The pacing seems all odd. And by the sound of it, Cash is bored to tears singing it. The original was a massive breakthrough, thanks in no small part to Flood's blusey electronic production. And another incredible one live.

absolutely loving this right now, although Black Stone Cherry do a pretty cool bluesy acoustic cover as well.

Also, any song Johnny Cash covered instantly becomes superior to the original (bar Redemption Song w/ Joe Strummer, that one just didn't really work for me).

EDIT: Walk This Way - Hayseed Dixie deserves a mention too.

Good call on Cash, Hurt is an incredible cover, vastly superior to NIN.

absolutely loving this right now, although Black Stone Cherry do a pretty cool bluesy acoustic cover as well.

Also, any song Johnny Cash covered instantly becomes superior to the original (bar Redemption Song w/ Joe Strummer, that one just didn't really work for me).

EDIT: Walk This Way - Hayseed Dixie deserves a mention too.

Good call on Cash, Hurt is an incredible cover, vastly superior to NIN.

How is it vastly superior exactly?

• Paid Members
Kelly Jones of Stereophonics covering "nothing compares to you" by sinead o'connor / prince

Christ almighty.

Revolting Cocks- Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zqYSezqwo

Good call. They used to play it all the time on Alternative Nation.

Archived