Got The Time (Joe Jackson) - Anthrax

Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics) - Marilyn Manson

War Pigs (Black Sabbath) - Faith No More

Rusty Cage (Soundgarden) - Johnny Cash

Die Die My Darling (Misfits) - Metallica

and finally......

Turisas doing a boney M cover

Fantastic

I fucking love this! I saw them do it live and it was pure quality.

I'd like to chuck Jonathan Coulton's covers of Baby Got Back and

into the mix.

• Moderators
A lotta love for Marilyn Manson, personally his version of Tainted love is by far the best and im not overly fond of the guy, the video is super hot tho!

I don't really like his music that much, but he is pretty good at doing covers (even if they all have that same beat).

Surely Marilyn Manson's Personal Jesus cover falls into the good covers category...?

I'm not sure how. All they've done is add a but of distortion slowed it down. Johnny Cash's version is shit hot though.

Surely Jamelia's "Beware of the Dog" is the best use of the song... ;)

• Moderators
A Pet Shop Boys classic done in a heavier style.

Love this cover!! thanks for posting it.

Hang on, surely you've got it wrong, you're meant to tell me my music taste sucks, not say you like it.

Please do not take this as encouragement to post 4 pages of Sonata Arctica rubbish!

My favourite cover song I can think of off the top of my head -

Sepultura - Symptom of the Universe

I bone Martin Gore's voice anyway but I love it here on a cover that's very offbeat and odd for DM. Story goes that they wanted a driving song on the B-Side of 'Behind The Wheel'. Features prominently in D.A. Pennebacker's 101 documentary.

Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams [Eurythmics].

This was the video that convinced redneck burnout midwest minds everywhere that skinny young Brian Warner was in fact Satan himself. Fantastic meaningless imagery including but not limited to Manson painted black riding a pig. It's got a bit of Crazy Train going on in that riff too, but he totally made the song his. Brilliant cover.

A dodgy out band, especially since the Bam Margera infiltration, but it's a good cover.

• Paid Members
A Pet Shop Boys classic done in a heavier style.

Love this cover!! thanks for posting it.

Hang on, surely you've got it wrong, you're meant to tell me my music taste sucks, not say you like it.

Please do not take this as encouragement to post 4 pages of Sonata Arctica rubbish!

Lies!

Although their cover of Fade To Black does stink.

• Paid Members

absolutely loving this right now, although Black Stone Cherry do a pretty cool bluesy acoustic cover as well.

Also, any song Johnny Cash covered instantly becomes superior to the original (bar Redemption Song w/ Joe Strummer, that one just didn't really work for me).

EDIT: Walk This Way - Hayseed Dixie deserves a mention too.

Archived