Good Cover Songs

seasider

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Being as the topic's here...

An obvious choice I felt to begin proceedings, an absolutely stunning version of a great tune.

Everyone's seen The Neverending Story. But here's a cover of the main song.

A Pet Shop Boys classic done in a heavier style.

Abba suck, this take of their song doesn't.

Never been a fan of the Rolling Stones, nor the original, but I do like this version.

I love Dio and Rainbow, and so love the original of this, but this is great too.

Gamma Ray - Long Live Rock And Roll

Judas Priest's original is awesome, this isn't as good, but great nonetheless.

Divit - Breaking The Law

And finally, Children of Bodom covering a solid Scorpions track.

Maiden's cover of UFO's Doctor Doctor is quality! It's one of my fave songs from the 'Blaze era'.

Skindred have recently done couple of awesome covers. Their take on Back in Black is decent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OeJ6-ls1zo

and there version of Electric Avenue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOkOHOkP640 I feel on both they have done the art of covering a song real justice by fantastically re-doing it in their style.

There's loads others I like but wont link including Reel Big Fish- Poison's 'Talk Dirty to Me', Bullet for my Valentine- Ozzy's 'Crazy Train', Buckcherry- Dramarama's 'Anything Anything', Placebo- Bony M's 'Daddy Cool', Turisis- Bony M again 'Rasputin' (which is a fucking quality original tune it itself :p) Metallica- Thin Lizzy's 'Whiskey in the Jar', Machine Head- The Police's 'Message in a Bottle', Killswitch Engage- Dio's 'Holy Diver', A Day to Remember- Kelly Clarkson's 'Since U been Gone', Atreyu- Bon Jovi's 'You Give Love a Bad Name' and Five Iron Frenzy- Abba's 'Mamma Mia'.

Also throwing one out there; Justin Hawkins' short lives project British Whale did this epic cover!! Makes me smile everytime!!

Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company

Some tweaking of the lyrics but I quite like this, good call with Doctor Doctor too.

The Power Station - Get It OnThis is easily one of my top cover songs ever cos i'm a massive fan of both the original version by T-Rex and Duran Duran and Robert Palmer.

And while i'm on the subject of Robert Palmer i'll include this:

Tina Turner - Addicted To Love

And here's a few others i think you should check out:

Drowning Pool - Rebel Yell

StoneSour - Wicked Game

I love HIM's cover of this as well but IMO the StoneSour version is on another level

Sea Of Treachery - Misery Business

And lastly one from my favourite band

So many covers, so little time.

- Love the original, and this is faithful.

- EVERY cover of this track is better than the original

Example - Tik Tok (Live Lounge) - A reimagination by Example. Anglicised lyrics means this isn't a cover in the true sense.

- ASOTV in a butter advert

- Wurzels....'nuff said!

Jade Gallagher - Iris - Now I love the original, but this IMHOtep is better.

- Echoing the love for Enjoy the Silence, another epic cover by Anberlin.

Could put loads more, but will leave on this - Boyce Avenue, the first real YouTube generation band. Started with covers, now signed to Universal and doing headline Euro and US Tours.

Archived