Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Apparently it's to be released properly this coming Tuesday. But yeah it's not that bad quality, It's in English but written text is in a different language but you'll get everything you need to know.

Would it be safe to say that this is as close as we'll get to an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns?

They did a fantastic cartoon of the dark knight returns, it's over 2 hours long.

It's impossible to say anyway, Batman's been around for 75 years and he's not going anywhere, maybe they'll do a full live action DKR adaptation in 60 years.

I'm just glad we get a new Batman so soon after those overrated Nolan films.

• Paid Members

Finished Daredevil, and it’s just wonderful. Brisco, Spaced, Firefly, Deadwood, Eurotrash, Saved by the Bell, you name it and Daredevil is up there with my favourite tv shows of all time.

An absolutely tremendous, big scrotum swinging effort by all involved!!!

My only teeny gripe was the

“red suit” reveal. It looked hokey and felt contrived, but it was always going to happen and be that way, so no complaints.

I never really fancied Rosario Dawson before as I’ve always felt that she looks akin to one of those nude tribeswoman from National Geographic magazine you'd use for a cheap peddle back in 1995, but I do fancy her now!

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

I think that looks awful. I just can't buy into the batman superman battle at all

Based on the trailer or just in general? Bats Vs Supes in DKR is just all kinds of awesome. If they do it similar to that then the fight should be fantastic.

• Paid Members

The trailer and in general. Batman looking and sounding like batman from the lego movie doesn't help.

Ha, yeah never thought of it as the Lego look. To someone who doesn't know why he looks that way I could totally see why it looks daft.

• Paid Members

Finally finished Daredevil and I loved it, Vincent D'onofrio was fantastic, I don't think anyone could have played that version of Kingpin better than him, he was so good that the series is about a superhero yet the villain's love story was one of the best parts.

Another thing is I was sure young Philip Seymour Hoffman grew older and then died so it was really surprising to see him play foggy. Never seen the guy playing Daredevil before and he was definitely uglier than Ben Affleck, he looked like Hank Azaria.

Daredevil makes Arrow look like Sunset Beach, agreed they should do the Punisher next, that's one of the first things I thought too.

Some spoilery stuff

They definitely waited too long to bring in the red suit, even I found it a bit jarring, it would've been fine if they'd introduced it a few episodes earlier but the way they saved it made it too much of a big deal and we were all so used to the black bandana that him suddenly having a new suit for half the last episode was a bit much.

also I don't really think Ben Urich needed to die, it happened so near the end that it didn't make much difference.