Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I keep meaning to mention it on here but KayfabeCommentaries The Death of WCW with Kevin Sullivan is absolutely fascinating for anyone who was a WCW fan at the time. I've had it for a year or two myself so it's quite old now. I think it was probably the precursor to the Timeline series but don't know for sure. Basically Sullivan goes through week-by-week his 3 month tenure of booking WCW at the beginning of 2000. They run through pretty much every Nitro/Thunder/PPV and discuss the main points with Sullivan going over the decisions he made plus all of the backstage chaos that was going on at the time. The really good thing is Sullivan seems to have a pretty good memory of everything so there's no "uhh, don't really remember that" type of answers to anything. Some of his booking philosophies clearly don't stand up (like booking one of the Harris twins against Sid because he knew they could have a good match together!?) but it's still a great insight into what was going on in the company at the time.

I watched the first 20-odd minutes of that recently, and was undecided about it. He seems an interesting guy with some interesting stories (ie, having Hogan sleep over the night before Bash 96, etc), but from the little bits of the actual timeline he has discussed, hes almost Politician like in his answers (ie, nothing was his fault). Will watch more of it soon, though.

On the other hand, Ive just watched about half of KC's "Worst wrestling angles of all time". Its easily the worst "shoot" style interview I have ever seen. Shown in a "I Love 1991" sort of format, it features an awful collection of wrestlers/divas/Apter doing talking heads over bad angles. For 50% of the time, its clear that the people involved dont even know what the hell they are talking about, and have never even seen the incident they are talking about.

Ever wanted to hear Barry Darsow's opinion on Steph becoming ECW owner? Ever wanted to hear a pilled up Billy Gunn completley misunderstand The Finger Poke of Doom angle ("Nash is jacked and a legit 7 foot, and he went down to a finger poke!?")?. What about 10 solid minutes talking about Mae Young giving birth to a hand ("It was shit" x 15 different people)? Thankfully I didnt pay for it.

Edited by Dai

Feeling the Londrick one, and as much as people will inevitably give out, the Flair one is the closest to an uncensored historical document of the man when he goes. Aside from his own slant on events, loads of great stories.

I watched the Bobby Lashley one this morning, it wasn't really a 'shoot' he didn't want to really talk bad of anyone (I guess because he's still in the business and hoping for a job back in WWE or TNA) however, it was a decent interview if not a shoot.

It would be good to set up some sort of trade circle for shoot interviews/ wrestling interviews please get in touch for my list,

I would be happy to provide people with links of Kevin Nash Youshoot in either mp3 or full version if anyone can offer a trade,

I am thinking of doing things in packs such as former wwe creative media, guestbookers. timelines etc

• Paid Members
I watched the Bobby Lashley one this morning, it wasn't really a 'shoot' he didn't want to really talk bad of anyone (I guess because he's still in the business and hoping for a job back in WWE or TNA) however, it was a decent interview if not a shoot.

"Shoot" just means out of wrestling character or storyline, it doesn't have to mean controversial. So it was a shoot.