Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got a text saying Neil Lennon just got sparked out off a fan after Celtic scored? This is bollocks right? Cant find anything yet.

robbie savage tweeted it but i cant find it either

punch in the head apparantly

Just got a text saying Neil Lennon just got sparked out off a fan after Celtic scored? This is bollocks right? Cant find anything yet.

He was attacked by a Hearts fan but he wasnt sparked out. Guy came on and punched him but fell over doing so and was nabbed by about four cops as he hit the floor. What the stewards where doing I'll never know.

I'm sure it'll be Lennon's fault though.

He was standing and the fan ran from behind and tried to attack him. Fell to the floor and was restrained by the cops. Shameful little country is Scotland, and hopefully this dis spells the theory that it is just the Old Firm as so many claim. The full country is a fucking joke.

He was attacked by a Hearts fan but he wasnt sparked out. Guy came on and punched him but fell over doing so and was nabbed by about four cops as he hit the floor. What the stewards where doing I'll never know.

Unless you want to have a chain of about 500 stewards around the entire perimeter of a pitch i don't see how they can stop some reject running on the pitch.

Unless you want to have a chain of about 500 stewards around the entire perimeter of a pitch i don't see how they can stop some reject running on the pitch.

Well usually there's stewards dotted about the front of most stands. There wasnt a steward anywhere near the guy or the incident.

Well usually there's stewards dotted about the front of most stands. There wasnt a steward anywhere near the guy or the incident.

I think there were I think he just made it look like he was walking down the stand and then ran and jumped over the fence. Pretty depressing times for football with whats been happening with the Old Firm this season.

Of course it will. I'm sure the press will report the incident as Lennon's fault, just the same as the media & Scottish public in general have all completely turned their backs and blamed him for the parcel incidents.

It's a hard life being a Celtic fan/official, especially with everyone being out to get you.

• Paid Members

Absolutely shocking behaviour. I think for Neil Lennon's safety he needs to resign at the end of the season or even Celtic doing the right thing, stepping in and giving him a job upstairs (something where he isn't in the lime light).

The worst thing about this is you'll have the ridiculous back and forth blame game between the Old Firm (like Bring Back Minipops post) and nothing will get sorted.

Absolutely shocking behaviour. I think for Neil Lennon's safety he needs to resign at the end of the season or even Celtic doing the right thing, stepping in and giving him a job upstairs (something where he isn't in the lime light).

The worst thing about this is you'll have the ridiculous back and forth blame game between the Old Firm (like Bring Back Minipops post) and nothing will get sorted.

It isn't even just an Old Firm issue, it's a Scottish football issue. Judging by Mjallbys interview he is going to resign which will be a dark day for football in this country.

IMO the Scottish Parliament should force Rangers and Celtic to merge and become Glasgow FC. They can play at Hampden Park. Play in a kit containing neither Green or Blue. If necessary do the same with Hearts and Hibs as well, Edinburgh FC, play at Murrayfield.

• Paid Members

It isn't even just an Old Firm issue, it's a Scottish football issue. Judging by Mjallbys interview he is going to resign which will be a dark day for football in this country.

Yes and no. People tend to sensationize these things and forget the fact it was one fan out of thousands that did this. When Raith Rovers played Dunfermline in the vital league match you didn't get people going to these extremes.

It's a shame that the idiots win this, if Neil Lennon goes. BUT as I say for everybody involved it's for the best, hopefully Celtic sort him out with a job out of the limelight.

• Paid Members
IMO the Scottish Parliament should force Rangers and Celtic to merge and become Glasgow FC. They can play at Hampden Park. Play in a kit containing neither Green or Blue. If necessary do the same with Hearts and Hibs as well, Edinburgh FC, play at Murrayfield.

Thats a joke right?

2 really weak red cards tonight also, considering how far the fan who attacked Lennon (A guy who has had death threats BTW) ran from the stand I would say the stewards pretty much fell asleep, the guy fell over and never really made contact but if he had a weapon on him then picture what could have happened.

It's not the 1st time a fan has got that close to a manager/staff as well in Scotland, I might be wrong but I remember a Celtic fan jogging over to a keeper during a European game to shake his hand or something during play and the keeper made a meal of it acting like he was shot in the face, thing is 1 fan should never get that close to players/staff.

Yeah I think sadly this would be the best case and Lennon will have to resign.

I've already read some people saying Lennon brings it on himself and actually he probably does go a little bit too far in the things he says and does but there is no way he deserves the treatment he gets. It's disgraceful.

Bombs in the post and having people trying to attack you on the pitch, it's incredible.

Are Hearts considered a Rangers lite type of club by the way?

Archived