Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Bougherra will be a lucky guy if he doesn't get any further punishment after his carry-on with the ref before he got sent off. If Diouf (yes, Diouf) didn't step in and calm things down, I firmly believe Boogie would have hooked him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me a scumbag, a bigot, a xenophobe, whatever but I wish serious, utterly painful injuries on that fat, sub human slug that manages Celtic. He's set the Old Firm back years. People have a perception about the Old Firm that in the past few years was wrong because the OF were calming down. Lennon has turned that. I know 60 year old Rangers fans who have never hated Celtic as much as they do now. And for Soapys benefit, it's not because he's Irish, it's not because he's catholic, it's not even that he's an ex Celtic captain. It's because he is a vile scumbag.

Ive never wanted to win the league so much.

• Paid Members

The commentator brought up a good point when he said "how can players be expected to remain professional when the managers cant". Should the likes of Lennon be even managing at that level, when he cant keep a cool head in that hostile and intense setting? It just stirs shit, in a match that really doesnt need it. That match (as funny as it looked) was a fucking disgrace.

Bougherra will be a lucky guy if he doesn't get any further punishment after his carry-on with the ref before he got sent off. If Diouf (yes, Diouf) didn't step in and calm things down, I firmly believe Boogie would have hooked him.

well with any sense he takes the lurgen bigot approach and appeals then appeals and then appeals, that way his hearing should be heard in a years time. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Neil Lennon is a genius and is taking the Jose Mourinho approach and taking all the attention and pressure off his players and onto him. He is going about it in a different way though.

I just see a passionate player who sometimes went a little too far and has become a passionate manager who sometimes goes a little too far.

What you can't argue is that it is working and it has got Rangers rocking. 4 wins and 1 draw against Rangers out of 6.

I just see a passionate player who sometimes went a little too far and has become a passionate manager who sometimes goes a little too far.

What you can't argue is that it is working and it has got Rangers rocking. 4 wins and 1 draw against Rangers out of 6.

As a neutral, this is what I see as well.

Yikes I'm entering this thread already out of my depth as I'm not a fan of football.

Maybe this is wrong of me but I get bored watching the game of football but what happened at last nights Old Firm game has had me slightly interested in football because the drama off the pitch with Lennon and Mcoist. Maybe it is just the wrestling fan in me but if there was that kind of drama at every SPL game with managers jaw jacking each other and the players on the field being fiery and heated with each other I would become a fan of football.

I love how Lennon is a cunt yet no one knows what is said to him. He clearly says 'hold on a minute, he fucking...' so McCoist must have made some sort of comment.

Clearly he was asking why he ran out the dugout to confront Diouf when it was Mjallby who Diouf was involved in an argument with.

I love how Lennon is a cunt yet no one knows what is said to him. He clearly says 'hold on a minute, he fucking...' so McCoist must have made some sort of comment.

Clearly he was asking why he ran out the dugout to confront Diouf when it was Mjallby who Diouf was involved in an argument with.

No, that's what you think he was asking. There's no "clearly" about it.

• Paid Members

I don't think it matters what was said. The Celtic players behaved wonderfully last night in far more trying circumstances than a bit of verbal from McCoist. Bougherra's horrid foul on Gary Hooper for instance. Lennon needs to grow up.

• Paid Members
Nah, I'm not a troller - I just know we're the type of club to sign up someone like Diamond, regardless of his love for Celtic. I do hope we keep Foster, but I'm fully expecting it won't happen, especially since you changed managers. That being said, I thought you didn't like ol' Ricky?

Consider me a changed man. I always thought Foster was the weak link in our team but clearly I was wrong.

However if "Super" Ally wants to offer a ridiculous, inflated transfer fee for him I won't shed any tears.

I wouldn't say ALL the Celtic players behaved impeccably.

All of them except Scott Brown did. He was doing his usual best to try and incite his opponents into getting themselves into trouble with the ref.

Both Lennon and McCoist (Lennon especially) need to realise that they need to be calming influences, not combustable elements. We all know that Old Firm games see increases in violence and the police have already said this week that they'd like to see the game banned for the cost of policing the aftermath (although it's not as bad as Chic 'Hyperbole' Young made out when he said 'The whole of Scotland will descend into pandemonium tonight') and it doesn't help when the two leaders of the tribes are having to be pulled apart.

But it just shows what a hot-head Lennon is. Today he's up in front of the beaks to appeal his touchline ban, and yet last night he gets involved in two touchline fracas. Who knows whether it was Diouf who started the first one, or what McCoist said to him at the end, he needs to think before he acts.

As for Diouf - it's just incredible watching him. He seems to lack the basic ability of controlling his own temper. Signing for either half of the Old Firm was probably the worst thing he could have done if he wanted to repair his image.

• Paid Members
I see that your lot were lucky to get away with a point last night Martyn. St Johnstone are a decent little outfit at home, aren't they?

I would say so. I haven't seen the highlights but at the time I thought St Johnstone should have had a penalty. Another clean sheet though so I cant have too many complaints. It was basically 90 minutes of dull as ditchwater long-ball football though.

Whilst we're not exactly Barcelona or Brazil 1970, how that pitch can be classed as fit for use by a top-level Scottish football team is a disgrace. It looks like they have just filled in the holes with sand.

I've got to say the game isn't helped when the Ref Craig Thomson was holding up play constantly for every single foul. The game just never got going.

How it took 90 minutes to book Danny Grainger is another mindbender.

Archived