Superstars Appreciation Thread

Green

Indeed, plus then if it was on Raw it would have only got about three minutes, and would have either been a pointless segment which saw ratings drop (not because either are bad, just because they haven't been built up as TV characters in ages), or would have been a vehicle for someone to run in and beat down both of them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Decided to watch this weeks' episode thanks to this thread, it was a pretty decent watch. I'd never seen those tag teams before, nice to know WWE actually has proper teams down the ladder somewhere in their roster trying to get a push. Regal v Goldust could have been better but there could little complaint about how it went. I really enjoyed the main event - I love Drew's entrance, he's missing something still but hopefully they find it and he goes to be a top star. I don't like his attire much. Chris Masters should have been bigger when he and Carlito were riding high on Raw a few years back. He could do more now but based on how he's been used since he came back I can't see them pushing him much higher at all. He should easily be on the same level asthe likes of Kofi Kingston, Ziggler, Matt Hardy and Cody Rhodes. Also, he needs his original entrance music back. Obviously.

Fucking YES. Why did they get rid of it? It didn't sound ridiculously heelish, and it fit his "Mr. Perfect 2010" gimmick like a glove. Plus, it's a 100ft stack of win. What's he got now? Generic, shite, face-rock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
According to the report for the Superstars tapings at Raw this week, Regal raps prior to his match! That's made my week. Roll on, Thursday! :thumbsup:

G-G-G-Gangster!! Unfortunately, R-Truth is awful so the match kinda stunk.

Goldust/Kim vs Primo/Hall was class. Primo is fantastic, and Goldust is always so great.

Good tag with The Dudebusters who reek old school tag wrestling with a modern twist

Did they face Hawkins and Archer again, or Chavo and a partner?

It was against Hawkins and Archer again. Also, since when were the Dudebusters faces? Don't remember any official turn. Although if it happened on Superstars, I wouldn't know about it cos I don't really watch it. Only watched it this week for Regal's rap :D

It was odd, I started regularly watching Superstars a couple of months ago and they were feuding with Chris Masters. Missed one week and they turned face and were facing Hawkins and Archer (who I really like as a team). Dunno what happened.

Missed the beginning but saw the tag match and it was decent. Primo is very underrated and Goldust seems to be very good shape right now. Then the Dudebusters tag was very good, shame the audience kinda no sold the finish. Then the main event was short and didn't do the SES or Luke Gallows any favours but good for Big Show.

The Dudebusters didn't turn face, they just got cheered over the more villainous pair and Matt Striker highlighted it. Whether they roll with that after this week is anyones guess. Thats like 3 weeks in a row they've wrestled because mainly they have no other teams to fued with. Seen as the Hart Dynasty are doing fuck all, why can't either of these teams get a bash at the titles like they say they want and have earnt. Usually the best parts of ROH & TNA are the tag team matches and the angles around them. WWE are shite in that department, I know they care not for tag teams at the minute but it wouldn't take much effort to make it a bit more exciting. Thought the Champs could roam onto any show they pleased.

Mixed tag was fun stuff.

Regals rap was the highlight of his match, that man could easily be the highlight of a sitcom.

I really rate Luke Gallows, so its a shame to see him knocked out in a repeat of a match I feel I've seen 4 or 5 times lately. I'd like to see him given something new to do, he's not hit his finisher for about 4 months.

• Paid Members
Primo is very underrated

I don't think he is underrated. He's like a younger Chavo Guerrero -- perfectly competent, but nobody's ever going to care about him unless he's hanging around with a more over relative (and Carlito was no Eddie/Vickie in that respect).

He would be perfect for another tag team. People might have cared about The Colons if WWE had ever done anything good with them.

Doesn't he have another brother in FCW?

Primo is very underrated

I don't think he is underrated. He's like a younger Chavo Guerrero -- perfectly competent, but nobody's ever going to care about him unless he's hanging around with a more over relative (and Carlito was no Eddie/Vickie in that respect).

He would be perfect for another tag team. People might have cared about The Colons if WWE had ever done anything good with them.

Doesn't he have another brother in FCW?

Yes he does, he's in a sweet tag team called Los Aviadores or something like that, can't be arsed to look it up. If you want some good tag team action, check out those guys vs Derrick Bateman & Johnny Curtis vs Donny Marlow & Brodus Clay from a couple of weeks ago. When your developmental puts on better tag matches than your main TV show, its a sad state of affairs. If they do an NXT Season 4, I'd hope Clay, Marlow & Curtis get on it.

The Dudebusters didn't turn face, they just got cheered over the more villainous pair and Matt Striker highlighted it. Whether they roll with that after this week is anyones guess. Thats like 3 weeks in a row they've wrestled because mainly they have no other teams to fued with. Seen as the Hart Dynasty are doing fuck all, why can't either of these teams get a bash at the titles like they say they want and have earnt. Usually the best parts of ROH & TNA are the tag team matches and the angles around them. WWE are shite in that department, I know they care not for tag teams at the minute but it wouldn't take much effort to make it a bit more exciting. Thought the Champs could roam onto any show they pleased.

Mixed tag was fun stuff.

Regals rap was the highlight of his match, that man could easily be the highlight of a sitcom.

I really rate Luke Gallows, so its a shame to see him knocked out in a repeat of a match I feel I've seen 4 or 5 times lately. I'd like to see him given something new to do, he's not hit his finisher for about 4 months.

I feel with the SES that they are still waiting to pull the trigger. Serena turned out to be shit, Gallows is no Angle and Mercury already injured himself again. Not really the group of people you want to push to the moon.

Just keep the gimmick warm and one day itll click.

Archived