Superstars Appreciation Thread

Green

Yeah, its amazing how one night on commentary and we're all clutching at straws hoping it'll happen again LOL. I've got a feeling it'll just be some kind of promo. They've been talking about keeping him on TV despite being unable to wrestle for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubted why they released Caylon Croft and kept Trent Barreta. However, he's been wrestling weekly on Superstars for the past month or so, and I haven't seen a bad match yet. I like Tyler Reks look, but he's absolutely gash. Trent pulled a very good match out of him and Hawins on commentary was great too.

Shame that the Tyson Kidd vs DH Smith match was demoted to Superstars, but it may have helped them as they had more time in the ring. Good match and nice post match ending.

I really doubted why they released Caylon Croft and kept Trent Barreta. However, he's been wrestling weekly on Superstars for the past month or so, and I haven't seen a bad match yet. I like Tyler Reks look, but he's absolutely gash. Trent pulled a very good match out of him and Hawins on commentary was great too.

I'm more interested in the Barretta-Hawkins rivalry than anything else on the Smackdown roster. Which isn't a great compliment, really. My main interest in Superstars is CM Punk and how he bullies the Adamle-type fella he's working with. Punk's got his hair done like a choirboy now as well, for some reason.

Shame that the Tyson Kidd vs DH Smith match was demoted to Superstars

That wasn't a shame. Nobody gives two fucks about either of them, they'd be a waste of time on Raw.

Shame that the Tyson Kidd vs DH Smith match was demoted to Superstars

That wasn't a shame. Nobody gives two fucks about either of them, they'd be a waste of time on Raw.

It could be argued the only reason "nobody gives a fuck" is because WWE did a bad job of building interest in their potential fued.

Watched Kidd vs. Smith and I really enjoyed it. Its a example to me that WWE are missing a trick. They have a solid midcard which they could use to keep their shows fast moving with entertaining matches, but instead decide to demote potentially good fueds and matches to Superstars and then fill their main shows with overly long promos.

Shame. Kidd and Smith could of been a decent fued on Raw, esspecially if they throw Bret Hart into the mix.

I was shocked when I flipped on Superstars today and those two were fighting each other. The sad thing is the quality of the match was really good. They had Smithers use the same finish as his dad used to beat Bret Hart with at Summerslam 92.

If Davey Hart Smith was bland in pink and black with the Hart gimmick stamped all over him, he's even worse now back in his indy clothes and generic rock theme music.

It was a fine match, but yeah, there's zero reason to care. They should end up on PPV if they can keep up the quality, but there needs to be some kind of hook. DH Smith is blander than plain yoghurt, however.

That's the problem. Smith is so boring that his own mum probably doesn't even watch him on telly, and Tyson's got nowhere near enough personality to make up for it. I could see it maybe being alright as a filler match on a PPV, but only if they got Natalya and Bret involved in the build-up and really worked hard at it. And it probably isn't worth it.

• 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

Great little match between Daniel Bryan and Ted DiBiase on Superstars this week, Ted busts out a Cobra Clutch Suplex at one point. Interesting ending as well, involving

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Yoshi Tatsu presenting Maryse with flowers that she then hits DiBiase with.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Maryse :love:

• 3 weeks later...

Superstars has been cancelled! Ryder and Masters beware of future endeavouring.

Shame, it was a decent outlet for some of the fringe talents. Didn't watch it loads, but when I did catch it I enjoyed seeing guys we rarely see on the big shows. Hopefully some of the Superstars standouts will be given a proper chance after Mania.

Wouldn't be surprised if it continues online or finds a new home somewhere, as Heat did for a while. The second tier show seems like an important testing ground.

Source

Not upto Sky as far as I know. WWE just have to fill a certain amount of hours. Hopefully that'll mean WWE will bring back WCW Worldwide like they did before 2005 or so.

Sounds like a good idea, that's what I wish they would do instead of Vintage Collection. Rather than random matches, full classic shows.

Archived