Superstars Appreciation Thread

Green

I'm sure I've watched about three Dudebusters/Hawkins & Archer matches, and while I've enjoyed them, I'm sure I've heard Striker mention the winners get a tag title shot or something to those effect. Or made it clear the winner wants to challenge. If Night of Champions really is to have all the titles on the line then rather than have another Usos/Harts match they should give one of the SD teams a shot, or do an old school Four corners/elimination tag match they did so well during the attitude era.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Took some finding this bugger, we no sold last weeks episode it seems. So this weeks episode seemed to signal they've given up caring about Superstars if its going to keep on like this. I really enjoy the show but if its gonna be 60% recapping RAW then thats no good to me.

Show started with a good fun fast paced opener in JTG vs Primo, crowd were into it too which they weren't for most of Smackdown later on. I still think JTG is being wasted, I really believe the crowd would get behind him more if he was given a chance.

Then we got the RAW Nexus vs Cena bout and a recap of NXT's challenges.

Then Goldust vs William Regal closed out the show, not watched that yet but I know exactly what I'm getting and I'll enjoy it, maybe they'll throw something new in to keep it fresh, who knows.

Wow they have given up on this show. Don't WWE want people to watch their shows these days, they all suck this month.

Here we get Alicia Fox/Jillian Hall vs The Bella's, yep you've already deceided just reading that what this match was about and whether or not you'd watch it. It was what you expect it to be. Bella's did a switch and pinned Hall.

Luckily the version I watched had all the recps from RAW cut out and saved me time, I believe it was a repeat of Orton v Jericho.

The final match was Kofi vs Swagger, both these guys must be wondering where they went wrong at the minute. Todd said it all on comm with his line "When Swagger became the World Heavyweight Champion he bought the biggest house in Oklahoma with cash....I wonder if he's had to sell it?!"

These two had a average match with a DQ finish which leads me to believe there will be a rematch on SD (not seen it yet) or next weeks episode.

These two had a average match with a DQ finish which leads me to believe there will be a rematch on SD (not seen it yet)

Probably because it hasn't happened yet. I know Superstars for the past couple of weeks has been short on matches because they were both taped at a double Raw taping, and that's already a huge show without 3-4 matches per episode of Superstars to add on top. Last week was good though, both matches were very entertaining.

These two had a average match with a DQ finish which leads me to believe there will be a rematch on SD (not seen it yet)

Probably because it hasn't happened yet. I know Superstars for the past couple of weeks has been short on matches because they were both taped at a double Raw taping, and that's already a huge show without 3-4 matches per episode of Superstars to add on top. Last week was good though, both matches were very entertaining.

Haha well indeed. If it wasn't a live show this week I would have watched it by now. But thats a great point about the tapings I hadn't considered (mainly cause I pay no attention to the details of changes in the tapings), so it gives me hope things might pick up. Well thats if I continue to watch WWE as I'm considering giving it up.

Bit of a mixed bag this week. The format was back to normal yet the show didn't blow me away.

The opener was Chris Masters vs Vance Archer, colour me excited, two big men I'm a fan of trying to clobber each other but good. Pretty much enjoyed the match the most of all 3 matches featured. After some miscommunication between The Gatecrashers, Masters got the masterlock and Archer passed out rather than tap. After the triumphant Masters left, Curt Hawkins kicked the recovering Archer in the face and hit his heatseeking top rope elbow on him.

Rather disappointed that the Gatecrashers team is over already, are they so lacking in ideas that they have to split teams up all the time.

Next up was William Regal vs Darren Young in a decent but unspectacular match.

Then came the umpteenth Uso's vs Hart Dynasty match. No Natalya and the Harts lost after miscommunication which left them arguing. More tag team split drama, cheers WWE, you twats.

Should note, the new announcer Scott Stanford, I liked him, sounds very professional (almost out of place) and he really knew what he was talking about, so either he's a fan or very well prepared. Some people are gonna find him boring though I think.

Rather disappointed that the Gatecrashers team is over already, are they so lacking in ideas that they have to split teams up all the time.

The Hart Dynasty and Hawkins/Archer are shitehawk teams that about three people in the world care about anyway. If splitting both of those teams up results in even one of the four becoming interesting (my money's on Tyson Kidd, if I had to pick one), it's worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Any love for this weeks show? Just got done watching it, and thought the opener between Swagger and Kaval was superb. Definitely the best Superstars match I can remember seeing. Gallows and Archer put on a half-decent big man match too. Add in a better than usual Divas match with Fox and Gail, and it was a ggod show. Shame the handicap match between Henry and the Usos sucked.

Also, the new commentator for the Raw matches, Scott Stanford, is dreadful!

Any love for this weeks show? Just got done watching it, and thought the opener between Swagger and Kaval was superb. Definitely the best Superstars match I can remember seeing. Gallows and Archer put on a half-decent big man match too. Add in a better than usual Divas match with Fox and Gail, and it was a ggod show. Shame the handicap match between Henry and the Usos sucked.

True, but it's a dreadful that can be blanked out. Rather than Cole's whiny, irritating kind of dreadful

True, but it's a dreadful that can be blanked out. Rather than Cole's whiny, irritating kind of dreadful

Really? I think Cole is one of the best things on Raw. He's brilliant at heeling it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Might watch Superstars tomorrow for the first time in ages. CM Punk's on commentary.

Is he really, though? There's been rumors of him announcing on many shows since he did NXT once. I'll watch anyway because I really really like Superstars. It seems the guys get more time to work a match than regular TV. Kaval vs McIntyre from last week is an example.

Yes, I think so. There was a rumour that he was going to be commentating on Old School Raw, but that stemmed from him commentating on the Superstars matches before it, I think. I've even got a source and everything.

www.twitter.com/cmpunk

Yes, Superstars will be mostly watchable tomorrow due to my sharp tongue. You're welcome.

Although it could just mean he has an interview on it.

Archived