Superstars Appreciation Thread

Green

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I thought he was from New Jersey. Either way, I can't see the majority of the crowd knowing he was from Canada if indeed he is.

Checked his Wiki, he was born in Ontario. The Canadian crowds tend to be pretty "smart" so I'd imagine that explains it.

Unrelated to this thread, I saw Superstars for the first time ever (apart from live in Sheffield) this week. I loved the Santino/Kozlov segment and I think Santino would get a similar reaction in any arena. Rest of the matches were ok as well, I'm liking Archer/Hawkins as greasy, angry brawler types. Good to see Goldust and Regal as well, still can't believe we're seeing these guys in 2010.

Doubt I'll watch every week (actually, I'll aim for about 1 in 4), but as a mindless diversion it was great fun.

Unrelated to this thread, I saw Superstars for the first time ever (apart from live in Sheffield) this week. I loved the Santino/Kozlov segment and I think Santino would get a similar reaction in any arena.

He would in England. I think Americans have cooled off on him now though. I don't think he's had the huge Santino chant since the Baywatch match in London.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Poor show this week. Might just be me, but two women's matches back to back is sleep inducing. Liked the opener but can't understand why it isn't on Raw. Henry might actually get over with reactions like that. Also the commentary was great, just so relaxed. Loved Lawler's gag about Henry writing a short book "Meals I have passed on". Also loved the way they both shit their pants with excitement when he hit a big move, didn't feel forced like it usually does. Also Cole saying "Is that a 'Henry' chant?" like it was unbelievable was funny. Dolph was great at the end but it had Chavo and Vickie involved so was always going to be crap.

Enjoyed the NXT skits apart from the McCool one. All the rest were about the Rookie. That was about furthering two god awful characters on the main roster.

• 2 months later...

Aye, that was a great TV match, and I really enjoyed Regal vs. Goldust as well, in particular the great exchange of punches. Tag match had like no heat, but throwing two heel teams out there with no build, and randomly deciding that one would be babyfaces will probably lead to that. Not a bad match, but who cares, really?

Were the heel teams the Dudebusters and Hawkins & Archer?
Yes they were. Seems they are just treading water on Superstars lately while they could be having matches against the tag team champions. Hawkins said a couple of week ago they were going after the tag champs next, so far zippo. How hard can it be to get the Hart Dynasty over to the SD tapings. Maybe the recent tours abroad for the Raw brand have delayed it.

And yes, this week had some great stuff. Good match between Regal & Goldust for fans of both mens work to get there teeth into. Plus a cracking main event. Chris Masters is a good worker and has had some good bouts stuffed away on shows like this. Think this one with Drew was as good as, if not better than his match with Swagger on last weeks edition. And judging by the comments on the Youtube vid I watched these matches on, Masters seems to have quite the fan base as most of the comments were about him being great and deserving better.

I also liked Chavo's new look and the wins he picked up recently on past episodes earlier in the month, pretty sure he'll be jobbing soon as he returns to SD but it was fun while it was featured.

Aye, that was a great TV match, and I really enjoyed Regal vs. Goldust as well, in particular the great exchange of punches. Tag match had like no heat, but throwing two heel teams out there with no build, and randomly deciding that one would be babyfaces will probably lead to that. Not a bad match, but who cares, really?

Well they had a match against each other on Superstars a few weeks ago, where the crowd decided they preferred the Dudebusters. So it probably wasn't a random decision, but still, no reason for the match unless it was a Number One Contender's Match. But then, there's very rarely a reason for any match on Superstars. There was no reason for Goldust vs. Regal or McIntyre vs. Masters either.

Decided to watch this weeks' episode thanks to this thread, it was a pretty decent watch. I'd never seen those tag teams before, nice to know WWE actually has proper teams down the ladder somewhere in their roster trying to get a push. Regal v Goldust could have been better but there could little complaint about how it went. I really enjoyed the main event - I love Drew's entrance, he's missing something still but hopefully they find it and he goes to be a top star. I don't like his attire much. Chris Masters should have been bigger when he and Carlito were riding high on Raw a few years back. He could do more now but based on how he's been used since he came back I can't see them pushing him much higher at all. He should easily be on the same level asthe likes of Kofi Kingston, Ziggler, Matt Hardy and Cody Rhodes. Also, he needs his original entrance music back. Obviously.

• Paid Members
Decided to watch this weeks' episode thanks to this thread, it was a pretty decent watch. I'd never seen those tag teams before, nice to know WWE actually has proper teams down the ladder somewhere in their roster trying to get a push. Regal v Goldust could have been better but there could little complaint about how it went. I really enjoyed the main event - I love Drew's entrance, he's missing something still but hopefully they find it and he goes to be a top star. I don't like his attire much. Chris Masters should have been bigger when he and Carlito were riding high on Raw a few years back. He could do more now but based on how he's been used since he came back I can't see them pushing him much higher at all. He should easily be on the same level asthe likes of Kofi Kingston, Ziggler, Matt Hardy and Cody Rhodes. Also, he needs his original entrance music back. Obviously.

I've been a mark for Masters since he first debuted- I'm gutted he isn't featured on one of the main shows. Like you said, I'd be very surprised if he ever gets a big push now though.

Well they had a match against each other on Superstars a few weeks ago, where the crowd decided they preferred the Dudebusters. So it probably wasn't a random decision, but still, no reason for the match unless it was a Number One Contender's Match. But then, there's very rarely a reason for any match on Superstars. There was no reason for Goldust vs. Regal or McIntyre vs. Masters either.

Goldust Vs Regal should have been on Raw in place of the Divas match. I wonder if Superstars will get cancelled in a few weeks, so that NXT can get it's slot?

Goldust Vs Regal should have been on Raw in place of the Divas match. I wonder if Superstars will get cancelled in a few weeks, so that NXT can get it's slot?

Don't Diva matches on Raw generally build up storylines and PPV matches for the Divas? Goldust v Regal doesn't build up anything. Therefore it's a perfect Superstars match.

Archived