THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

Jeez, Air Raid is just trying to get you to slow down, take stock of the situation, and basically mellow out a bit. People are cunts to each other here, and say shit - unlike any other forum I've been on regarding wrestling, it resembles a bunch of lads down the pub, ripping the piss out of each other for every little thing. And you are rising to it too much, becoming the guy that reacts and overreacts to all of this piss-ripping, and tries to suasoria people around to his way of thinking. Reacting like you are, constantly, is making you THAT GUY. So you give a smart alec response and get piled on? Fucking live with it. See it as an opportunity to give a few more back. It's fucking fun. There is a lot of discussion of a million and one things here, and of course there is a certain dominant mindset - I personally prefer smart arse sniping, Arnie movies, and darts discussions to fucking reams of chat about manga, ponies, and RoH, which characterizes other forums of note. I can understand why that gets under your skin. But it shouldn't be THAT hard to ride some of it out. People get a ribbing here - some people shit wrong, other people look like they have AIDS, and other people probably stalk around after lady wrestlers, todger in hand. We all get pissed about being made fun of about shit we've said, done, or are. It doesn't have to becoming your defining trait, that you're defensive as shit and it obscures your far more admirable qualities. So that's what I think Air Raid's wonderful soliloquy was concerning - stand up for yourself, obviously, but don't be the whiny guy in the pub, because eventually that whiny guy doesn't get to go to the pub anymore.

You and others seem to think I think I'm more intelligent than everyone, that really isn't the case

Oh I can assure you that it definitely not the case, I think most people here are aware you're a complete dribbling idiot with thesaurus.com as your homepage. Air Raid summed it up when he alluded to your 'pseudo-intelligence'. Your comment in this thread was designed to troll and incite a backlash for you to act outraged about, congratulations it worked. It also clearly shows you for the hypocrite that you are, but it worked. You try to give the illusion of elitist brain power by constantly throwing out 'cognitive dissonance' and generally talking down to people, calling them idiots or dismissing their argument as invalid without properly addressing it however it all just rings really false. It rings false because you are just as guilty of the cognitive dissonance that you so love to wield like a 15 year old trying to show off but fail you a) exhibit hypocrisy of the highest order, and b) because you carry yourself like such an whiny elitist arsehole.

Add to that, lets not forget that you're the guy taking this way too seriously, as much as you protest that it isn't the case. 'This' being football discussion on a wrestling forum on the internet. Try to have a little perspective, chill out, and stop being a bitch.

Cognitive dissonance is the board's new ad hominem, which in turn was the new reductio ad hitlerium. Breaking out the Latin doesn't help if you're the wrong side of an argument.

• Moderators
We used to get it here, although I never bothered with "Improve your wordpower" as I preferred the crappy inspirational stories. There was one once about a coach of Alabama's College Football team and his son had Down Syndrome. And it was all very heartwarming.

Coach Stallings is a hell of a man. Don't suppose you recall how old this Reader's Digest was (in my experience, new editions must be held in storage somewhere for about 8 years, before then being distributed to dentist's waiting rooms, or grandparents' houses) - his book about it was mid-90s, so may have been around then?

The Stallings' sadly lost their son to a congenital heart condition a few years back.

Mid to late 90s sounds about right. It was a nice little story in there.

• Moderators
Cognitive dissonance is the board's new ad hominem, which in turn was the new reductio ad hitlerium. Breaking out the Latin doesn't help if you're the wrong side of an argument.

I've never seen breaking out the 5 dollar words as a sign of a decent arguer, truth be told. It's almost like "I reckon I'm on the back foot here, so I'll blind them with science to win by default". That's the way I've always seen it.

• Paid Members
Thanks a lot, bobbins, now I'll never find out about how crazyshady was online last night :angry:

Odd that. His profile says Last seen "Today at 2am". But he's also "account disabled". Reckon only neil will know. Perhaps didn't actually ban him but has now.

• Paid Members
Thanks a lot, bobbins, now I'll never find out about how crazyshady was online last night :angry:

Odd that. His profile says Last seen "Today at 2am". But he's also "account disabled". Reckon only neil will know. Perhaps didn't actually ban him but has now.

Maybe there's a setting where people can be banned from posting but still log in to actually browse the forum? Still, it was an unnerving moment.

• Paid Members
Maybe there's a setting where people can be banned from posting but still log in to actually browse the forum? Still, it was an unnerving moment.

Not that I know of. There's a difference between being suspended and not being allowed to post but I thought banned meant banned.

You and others seem to think I think I'm more intelligent than everyone, that really isn't the case

Oh I can assure you that it definitely not the case, I think most people here are aware you're a complete dribbling idiot with thesaurus.com as your homepage. Air Raid summed it up when he alluded to your 'pseudo-intelligence'. Your comment in this thread was designed to troll and incite a backlash for you to act outraged about, congratulations it worked. It also clearly shows you for the hypocrite that you are, but it worked. You try to give the illusion of elitist brain power by constantly throwing out 'cognitive dissonance' and generally talking down to people, calling them idiots or dismissing their argument as invalid without properly addressing it however it all just rings really false. It rings false because you are just as guilty of the cognitive dissonance that you so love to wield like a 15 year old trying to show off but fail you a) exhibit hypocrisy of the highest order, and b) because you carry yourself like such an whiny elitist arsehole.

Add to that, lets not forget that you're the guy taking this way too seriously, as much as you protest that it isn't the case. 'This' being football discussion on a wrestling forum on the internet. Try to have a little perspective, chill out, and stop being a bitch.

l.jpg

Calmer than you are.

l.jpg

Calmer than you are.

*shrugs* it would seem so. Well done you. Fatter too by the looks of that picture. I never cheated on Roseanne either you bastard.