South Park season 14

brett

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do think was the best season of South Park? I myself didn't start watching South Park until 2005 and it was Seasons 1 and 2 and I loved it, though after catching up by the help of Paramount/Comedy Central and the DVDs over the last few years I feel that pre season 5 hasn't aged very well (same with Family Guy), but I think it reeched it's biggest height for me personally around season 10 and it is still extremely funny even when it isn't at it's current best. I can't wait for the new season to begin tommorow night and I hope to see more episodes centering around Randy Marsh this year.

Seasons 5-8 for me have been the best we've seen from South Park. The introduction of Butters as a prominent character helps that, and Randy becoming more prominent too, although season 9 onwards he's the best thing in it, they took him and made him the Homer Simpson of the show, only 10 times funnier. No Internet was one of his finest episodes.

From Season 5 onwards the show was untouchable. Seasons 6 - 11 was the golden era I reckon well..apart from any episode that featured Towelie & Mr Hanky that is.

Fav episode has to be the tourettes episode or the dog whisperer one - comedy gold.

I cant watch season 1 - 3 - cannot get into them at all. Stan and Kyle dont have the identities that were expanded as seasons went on and were just as bad as Cartman.

I can honestly say I love all and any South Park, albeit with different kinds of enjoyment. I was 13 when Sky One started airing Series 1 on Saturday Nights, an absolutely perfect time and age for a rude, rebellious cartoon, so I love the early ones with nostalgic fondness. Same for the film. However, from the back end of Season 4 up to present day, the show has just left all its rivals (and many other TV shows in the dust). I now think it's got enough tenure to be compared with the Simpsons, which started to flag and collapse into the mess it is today around the 12/13 year mark. South Park hasn't done that. Not every episode is a complete masterpiece, but there are hardly any duds, and the funny ones are still one of the best things on TV.

Same sentiments echoed from here about Randy, Butters and the evolution of Stan, Kyle and Cartman too.

Wow, they really phoned this episode in, they even stole the 'flimsy scientific research' gag from the first Timmy episode.

Not impressed at all, a distinct lack of lol moments, which is a shame considering how good Series 13 was.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm half asleep tonight (its been a long week) but the episode didn't reall wow me and felt a bit disjointed. I was confused with the golf game bit. The only part i liked was Butters freaking out because of 'bush'. Butters is awesome.

Yeah Butters may very well be one of the greatest characters of all time. Maybe it's just me but I always feel genuine sympathy for him as you know every kind of illness or disaster that occurs in South Park he'll be involved and probably get the worst of it yet is still so positive.

I liked the episode. It wasn't an all-time great but still had a couple of genuine laugh out loud bits. I particularly enjoyed when the "turd in the punch" cop was dressed up as the alien wizard and killed by Kyle and Butters.

Archived