Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

fucking tamping, got up this morning and checked facebook for info about work with the snow and walked straight into a spoiler '...AND STILL WORLD CHAMPIONS'

ruined my fucking day :(

i shoulda known better, i hate spoilers. Glad to hear it went well though.

• Paid Members

Fuck, that Guymon KO looks harsh.

To be honest there wasn't much difference in production values, nothing I really noticed anyway. The lights seemed a bit brighter is about all. It looked good though, certainly didn't look out of place or cheap. They did good, I thought it went about as good as you could hope. A fantastic 5 rounder to open, 2 first round TKOs and a really impressive display of dominance in the main event.

Sucks you had it spoiled Ebb. I hate that. Still give the show a watch though. And look out for that King Mo - Unrivaled doc as well, it was very good I thought.

• Paid Members
And look out for that King Mo - Unrivaled doc as well, it was very good I thought.

just seen it, was very cool. Loved how they worked a bit of a pro wrestling angle in the middle as well :)

Along with the documentary type stuff they did for the first fight on Spike (which unfortunately fell through) and Bellator 360 (which is a must see if you haven't seen Bellator before), added with the numbers for show 1, Bellator MMA is looking great right now.

• Paid Members

I thought the King Mo show was great. I barely watch Bellator and I never watch Impact, but that documentary made me interested in giving both a new chance in order to see how Mo gets on. I thought he came across great throughout and they did a spectacular job of making him seem like a massive star. A job very well done. They even managed to cover the, "racist bitch," incident without him looking quite as stupid as he was at the time.

He's going to be fucking crippled in ten years time though, if he tries to do both simultaneously for an extended period of time.

Edited by Supremo

Finally got round to watching the King Mo documentary. Good stuff all round.

Few thoughts.

The only loss he had in MMA was because he tried to run before he could walk with his striking. I remember he was studying Bernard Hopkins going into the Fejao fight, he was trying to be a level 9, when at that point he was a level 3.

Luckily Mo is a real ringer with his MMA training, he covers all bases in different camps in would seem. This approach worked for GSP in 2005 very well. The training in Holland and with Jeff Mayweather will hopefully serve him well. He has always had the natural skills, like speed, smarts and power, when he learns more technique he may become something very special.

He is very small at 205lbs, that should not be a problem in Bellator. I believe he is the best wrestler in MMA pound 4 pound, the stories I have heard/read from insiders indicate he was one of the best wrestlers in the world in 2008. He should sweep the field with relative ease.

Beyond this he could drop to 185lbs, which got me thinking. I think potentially Mo could be the man to beat Anderson, now there are a lot of things that could prevent that, different companies and Mo's outside interests. But, Mo has the wrestling to consistently take anyone at 185lbs and 205lbs down, I think he maybe a tad small to beat Jones, but Anderson is another story. If Sonnen can score takedowns on Silva, Mo can do a lot more as Mo is a league above Chael. A bit more seasoning and Mo could be a serious threat. He has that swagger about him that makes me think he would not freeze in big fights with the likes of Anderson, plus his style is custom made to exploit the only weakness Anderson has.

The fact Mousasi could not submit him when Mo was a novice, shows Mo can pick things up very quickly. I think he has the most potential out of any fighter I have seen in the past 5 years, other than maybe Jones.

If things go the way I think, he will become the biggest star in Bellator. He has the look, the charisma and skills to achieve that. He is Bellator's most valuable asset by a country mile. The UFC should be kicking themselves for not signing him up at some point.

I cannot wait next week for his debut :thumbsup:

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I really like Mo and I agree he might have a style to give Anderson a bit of a challenge. But sadly I can't see that fight ever happening. Like you say, they're in different companies and different divisions. Also, with Anderson nearing the big 4-0, by the time Mo's Bellator contract ends (and do Bellator contracts end?) Anderson in all likelihood will be retired.

I personally think Jacare and Weidman are probably the potentially trickiest style match ups for Anderson at 185. Mo would have been fun to see though.

• Paid Members

How will you be watching it, Ebb? For all intents and purposes, I'm a newcomer to all this (I've only torrented stuff before, apart from a couple of NYE shows I saw live in Japan), so if you could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

I only just got round to watching King Mo Unrivaled.

Enjoyed it a lot. He came across really well, which im sure was the point. But nonetheless was great.

Im pretty much a newcomer when it comes to MMA and only watched the show cause it was recommended highly here and because he signed with TNA. But it's definitely something I've been meaning to get into for ages. So going to check out tonights show for Mo's debut and go from there.

• Paid Members

I'm really looking forward to tonight. Especially Mo's debut. It feels like he's been out of commission forever now so it will be good to have him back. Few of my other favourites on this card as well. I'm a big Ben Saunders bummer and I really like Lima and Zaromskis as well so hope they all do well.

Not really a fan of Askren. I respect that he sticks with what has brought him success, he hasn't got away from his strengths which is admirable. And I quite like his outspoken personality. But fuck me, in the cage, more often than not I find him dull as fuck to watch. He should win tonight though. I think he's a terrible style for Amoussou. The danger will be in the early rounds for Askren, when Amoussou is very dangerous. After that I think Amoussou will wear out and Askren will have his way. Probably another 50-45 shutout.

I love the look of this 170 tournament. I wish Paul Daley would have been in it but all the shit going on with him put the kibosh on that. Should be a great tournament though, on paper it's shaping up to be one of the best in Bellator history.

Jim that link doesn't work.

Edited by wandshogun09