Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

UCMMA is still on TV.

Showcase TV (Sky 261) air both the main quarterly 'Ultimate Challenge' cards and the second tier 'Warrior Challenge' shows (seems to be on most Fridays at 9pm). You can even spot former UKFF regular King Slim in the judges seat on the latter.

I believe they also have programming on London Live (Sky 117 & Freeview 8 in the London area; manually tuneable on Sky in the rest of the country). Think it could be their Cage Fighter chat/interview/highlights show, but dunno.

I'm afraid it's still all "OOOO, SOMEONE'S GETTING BANGED AAAAARRRTT!!" (that's also the show's theme tune. I am not making this up) with rough-looking strippers draped all over the cage, but it's strangely sleazily enjoyable.

I'm afraid it's still all "OOOO, SOMEONE'S GETTING BANGED AAAAARRRTT!!" (that's also the show's theme tune. I am not making this up) with rough-looking strippers draped all over the cage, but it's strangely sleazily enjoyable.

Just looked on Youtube and found the video, the song is fucking abysmal.

https://youtu.be/mlXYmhVR_XY

I stand corrected, although we have Virgin media here so don't get Showcase TV to my knowledge nor London Live. Even still there hardly on eye-catching channels high up in the EPG. I'm pretty certain they're all slots the promotions pay for themselves to right? 

Never seen that UCMMA song thing before. Not sure I want to either. Didn't they promote that fight with Alex Reid and some nonce that was on Primetime PPV years ago, I was convinced it was all a fake. The setup was Alex was attacked in a cafe in France or something ridiculous? 

Only seen bits of the Bellator/GLORY Dynamite show so far. Can't say I'm in love with it. It's not bad, just nothing to write home about.

Liam McGeary and Phil Davis both came out of the show looking good. A match between the two in the future would be interesting.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed with Bellator Dynamite. The fights were alright. But nothing too special.

Think not getting King Mo v Davis was a big let down. The big hyped up tournament and then we never got to see the real final. There were definitely some miss-matched fights in there too.

Also was a shame we never really heard from McGeary after the fight. It was just Ortiz and then Davis that got the airtime. I do like Bellator but would like to see guys like Brooks, Pitbull and McGeary get more of the limelight on these bigger shows and not just the new guys they sign. 

Edited by Ross18

• Paid Members

Well if you wanna look at Bellator vs. WSOF this weekend, WSOF was the winner. Excellent little show, Gaethje/Palomino II delivered as expected. I've been banging on about Gaethje for the last year or so on here, never in a bad fight. I hope the WSOF keep him fighting at home too, nice intense little crowd.

Rest of the card delivered too! Dave Branch winning was to be expected, Teddy Holder was way out of his depth. Dave Branch is a 2 weight champion in a couple of weak divisions but i genuinely think he'd hold his own nowaways in the UFC.

The Phoenix Jones was short and sweet, that guy is oozing star power. Looks like he's taking MMA seriously now as well, keep an eye on him.

Brian Foster won KO of the weekend for sure, BOINK.

brian-foster-larue-burley-wsof-231.jpg?w

that about sums it up.

Dynamite was so-so. I liked the presentation, im into all the theatrical stuff, some of it can be cheesy but i live with it. Fight-wise it was alright without ever catching fire.

The tournament was a bit of a dud really, Phil Davis came out of it looking like a star though and it sets up a great fight with McGeary. Tournaments are always a risk cause of injuries and whatnot, that's just how it goes. King Mo/Davis was a worthy final but Mo suffered a rib injury. Not quite sure how much time Francis Carmont had to warm up before the Davis fight but he got clipped, he was asking for it too with all that sway-y shit he was doing.

McGeary/Ortiz was quality while it lasted, it looked like vintage Ortiz, he was comfortably winning the round but just got caught until he got caught by a guy that isn't afraid to throw shit up from his back. McGeary is a tricky fucker, i love watching him fight.

The Glory portion of the show fun but wasn't the showcase they were likely hoping for. First off, the women's fight was horrible, i dunno who decided to put that on TV. The other two fights were good, but you couldn't help but feel Mauro Ranallo's disappointment on commentary though as he was probably hoping there'd be some wild KO's to steal the show. Cavalari/Mwekassa was FOTN regardless.

The live announcement was a bit naff too. The actual Fedor bit was great, i got goosebumps from that, but having people announce fights live rarely comes off well, people just stutter and look awkward. I noticed that berk in the cage too who used to show up on the later Pride shows, the American bloke who has some kind of ties to M-1, aint seen that guy in years, can't remember his name??

It was a long show, it was a little rough around the edges but i love that Bellator just feels so different to the UFC, it's nice to have two shows in the same sport which just approach things from different angles.

The Glory stuff was a bit shit tbf. And I enjoy their cards regularly. They're supposedly trying to build Melendez's wife as a big female star for the company. Although her claiming she might try MMA and that kickboxing was her true love instantly did damage.

• Paid Members

Also was a shame we never really heard from McGeary after the fight. It was just Ortiz and then Davis that got the airtime. I do like Bellator but would like to see guys like Brooks, Pitbull and McGeary get more of the limelight on these bigger shows and not just the new guys they sign. 

well it looks like the next 'flag pole' event is gonna focus more on fighters that made their name in Bellator. Pitbull/Straus 3 headlines, Brooks/Held 2 is the co-main.