The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I know Green Day are well known for their blatant stealing.....but they're usually slightly more subtle than that, nobody else on here or on the FB post seems to be mentioning that the riff is essentially "All Right Now" by Free though. Just me?

Yeah I hear it, all it needs is the drum beat.

• Paid Members
Personally, I don't think they've released anything of worth since 'Nimrod'.

Agreed, I was 13 when dookie came out & I loved it, insomniac was brilliant too and on the very rare occasions I listen to green day now I pick that over dookie, nimrod was still good but heading in the wrong direction then they turned shit, then they turned into U2. Now I don't know what they're trying to do but it's not the short snotty -but makes you think stuff of old, it's just shit unoriginal rock pop

• Paid Members

never really been a fan of Green Day, bit of a weird one for me really because they were one of the bands that everyone loved when i was a mid-teen getting into music, i liked pretty much everyone else except Green Day. The only album i own is Kerplunk! They've got some belting tunes but ive never really became a fan.

I actually liked Warning when it came out which considered a disaster but ever since Amerian Idiot ive lost all interest altogether, it just does nothing for me. I aint actually heard the two albums but i don't like any of the singles.

Great live band though.

• Paid Members
Tremonti - All I Was Album Stream

It's better than I expected.

I missed this post in amongst the Green Day stuff, this is pretty bad ass. Not reinventing the wheel by any stretch, but Tremonti is a killer guitar player and a good songwriter, this is good. I quite like his vocals too, surprised me there. I'll pick this up next week.

Yeah, I've grown to like it more. My favourite album of the year so far.

Here is his debut live show. Not too shabby.

never really been a fan of Green Day, bit of a weird one for me really because they were one of the bands that everyone loved when i was a mid-teen getting into music, i liked pretty much everyone else except Green Day. The only album i own is Kerplunk! They've got some belting tunes but ive never really became a fan.

I actually liked Warning when it came out which considered a disaster but ever since Amerian Idiot ive lost all interest altogether, it just does nothing for me. I aint actually heard the two albums but i don't like any of the singles.

Great live band though.

See, I disagree. I've seen them twice live, once on the International Superhits Tour and once on the American Idiot tour and both times they were dire.

Spent too much time arseing about with a big pink rabbit, extended musical interludes, which was just them playing the riff of a song over and over again and then pratting about getting stage member up to play a song.

Sets were incredibly short and there were tonnes of songs out of the catalogue that they could have played but they didn't.

It's a great album but as someone on their forum was saying, it's quite 'dark'...especially for a summer release. Have a listen to 'Blue Dahlia', a bonus track, great summery anthem and weird it didn't make the final cut. Love those boys though. But no album will touch 'Sink or Swim'.

The Clash - Live in Tokyo, Japan 1982 - full concert

London Calling 00:50

Safe European Home 4:18

(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais 9:05

Brand New Cadillac 13:50

Charlie Don't Surf 16:05

Clampdown 22:10

This is Radio Clash 26:50

Armagideon Time 31:48

Jimmy Jazz 36:59

Tommy Gun 43:00

Fujiyama Mama 46:50

Police On My Back 49:10

White Riot 52:24

• Paid Members
Anyone heard the two new tracks from the upcoming Down EP?

Misfortune Teller

Witchtripper

I've been doing my absolute best to restrain myself from listening to them. I just wish they would let us know when the EPs are being released. At this rate the whole first EP will be on youtube long before CD. Man they are a awesome band though. Can't wait to see them live in October.

• Paid Members
September is when the first EP is being released.

Tremendous, I've been waiting for a date for what feels like forever. Haven't checked the Down site for a week and bang, September 18th and EP cover art. Great stuff.