The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Every Time I Die are in Cardiff tonight, i just can't afford to go though. I'm gutted because i wanna see every band on the bill, plus i aint seen Every Time I Die in a long time.

As for thing with not being liked by metal fans, it's cause they were always lumped in the 'core scene and have never really gotten away from it. My housemate (who's as close minded a music-metal fan as you can get) takes every oppurtunity he gets to call them Every Time I Cry, dick.

As for ETID, this live footage appeared on their last DVD, live from the legendary (and now closed) TJ's in Newport...

I was there :)

TJ's was legendary. It's being turned into a resturant which will suck. I remember seeing some cracking bands in there including Lost Prophets and now there just seems to be nothing in newport.

• Paid Members

ive forgotten half the bands i saw in TJ's, it was such a dump but it's just a legendary music venue, the UK's CBGB's as it was known.

im so glad i went to go there so many times, it'll be cool to tell some stories in years to come. You always heard of American bands wanting to play the venue because of the history it had...oh and of course the infamous tale that Kurt Cobain proposed to Courtney Love there.

tjs_446.jpg

• Paid Members

Someone mentioned the other day that there's talk of it being turned in "a TJ's themed restaurant". Erm... Yeah. I have a feeling we'd end up going there to see what it was like and then never going back.

Metallica setlist from the 30th anniversary show at the Fillmore last night. 1. The Call of Ktulu 2. No Remorse (Full Version) 3. The Shortest Straw 4. Leper Messiah 5. The Day That Never Comes 6. Carpe Diem Baby 7. Hate Train 8. Please Don't Judas Me 9. Wherever I May Roam (w/ MetClubber John Dent) 10. Sad But True (w/ John Marshall) 11. No Leaf Clover (w/ Apocalyptica) 12. One (w/ Apocalyptica) 13. Harvester of Sorrow (w/ Jason Newsted) 14. Damage, Inc. (w/ Jason Newsted) 15. Motorcycle Man (w/ Bif Byford) 16. The Prince (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler) 17. It's Electric (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler) 18. Helpless (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler) 19. Am I Evil? (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler) 20. Seek & Destroy (w/ Jason Newsted, John Marshall, Sean Harris, Brian Tatler, Bif Byford, Apocalyptica, and the Soul Rebels Brass Band) WOW!

I was there that night and Saturday night, it was literally like a dream for me. Absolutely incredible, especially the original line up jamming on saturday. I just got in from San Francisco today, here's the final nights set:1. Orion2. Through the Never3. Ride the Lightning4. The God That Failed5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)6. Rebel of Babylon7. Blackened (w/ MetClubbers Dennis & Annette Diaz)8. Dirty Window (w/ Bob Rock)9. Frantic (w/ Bob Rock)10. Sabbra Cadabra (w/ Geezer Butler)11. Iron Man (w/ Ozzy Osbourne & Geezer Butler)12. Paranoid (w/ Ozzy Osbourne & Geezer Butler)13. King Nothing (w/ Jason Newsted)14. Whiplash (w/ Jason Newsted)15. Motorbreath (w/ Hugh Tanner)16. Phantom Lord (w/ Dave Mustaine)17. Jump in the Fire (w/ Dave Mustaine)18. Metal Militia (w/ Dave Mustaine)19. Hit the Lights (w/ Lloyd Grant, Dave Mustaine, & Ron McGovney)20. Seek & Destroy (w/ Jason Newsted, Dave Mustaine, Lloyd Grant, Ron McGovney, Hugh Tanner, Mark Osegueda, and the Soul Rebels)Those 2 fanclub members doing Blackened were the married couple you might have seen doing Master of Puppets at their wedding reception on YouTube, it was sweet. Mustaine played all the solos on the Kill 'Em All stuff, it was just insane. Great to see Jason jamming each night, still love that guy, he even sang Whiplash like he used to. The cuts from the Death Magnetic sessions also kicked ass. Couldn't have topped this past week with anything in the world for me, a truly unique experience.

Yeah they were filming absolutely everything all week. No word on any release yet, but expect to see something sometime. Another little note from Night 1, it was taking a while to get the Cello's working when Apocalpytica came on stage and after a few minutes James just casually said "bass solo, take one" and Rob Trujillo stepped up and jammed out (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth out of the blue. A very cool moment.

• Paid Members
I was there that night and Saturday night, it was literally like a dream for me. Absolutely incredible, especially the original line up jamming on Saturday. I just got in from San Francisco today, here's the final nights set:

1. Orion

2. Through the Never

3. Ride the Lightning

4. The God That Failed

5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

6. Rebel of Babylon

7. Blackened (w/ MetClubbers Dennis & Annette Diaz)

8. Dirty Window (w/ Bob Rock)

9. Frantic (w/ Bob Rock)

10. Sabbra Cadabra (w/ Geezer Butler)

11. Iron Man (w/ Ozzy Osbourne & Geezer Butler)

12. Paranoid (w/ Ozzy Osbourne & Geezer Butler)

13. King Nothing (w/ Jason Newsted)

14. Whiplash (w/ Jason Newsted)

15. Motorbreath (w/ Hugh Tanner)

16. Phantom Lord (w/ Dave Mustaine)

17. Jump in the Fire (w/ Dave Mustaine)

18. Metal Militia (w/ Dave Mustaine)

19. Hit the Lights (w/ Lloyd Grant, Dave Mustaine, & Ron McGovney)

20. Seek & Destroy (w/ Jason Newsted, Dave Mustaine, Lloyd Grant, Ron McGovney, Hugh Tanner, Mark Osegueda, and the Soul Rebels)

Those 2 fanclub members doing Blackened were the married couple you might have seen doing Master of Puppets at their wedding reception on YouTube, it was sweet. Mustaine played all the solos on the Kill 'Em All stuff, it was just insane. Great to see Jason jamming each night, still love that guy, he even sang Whiplash like he used to. The cuts from the Death Magnetic sessions also kicked ass. Couldn't have topped this past week with anything in the world for me, a truly unique experience.

Please let all of that make the disc. There's something for everyone who likes Metallica in that list.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

8. Dirty Window (w/ Bob Rock)

9. Frantic (w/ Bob Rock)

Please let all of that make the disc. There's something for everyone who likes Metallica in that list.

I'm glad they didn't totally ignore St Anger. While I'm not a fan of most of the tracks on the album it would have been strange if they ignored it.