The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Mechanical Animals is the only Marilyn Manson I own, and the only one I'll ever own (excluding the Disposable Teens single, but that was coz I loved Blair Witch 2)
It was such a weird surprise getting that album for Christmas 1998 as I never pledged allegiance to the man on any level, but my Da said "I don't know why you look confused! This looks like that weird Mr.Bumble queer shite you listen to, so there you go!"

Then Mr.Manson proceeded to make a living covering anything from the 80's that reminded you of AIDS adverts, and I went off him again.
But yeah, great album.

• Paid Members

Can't find the Gig thread but Weezer was a lot of fun for the most part last night. Self-confirmed for Glasto/R&L which will be great if your going. New songs are good live but no one (Myself included) really knew them that well bar the odd chorus so part of the show was quite flat. The hit's when played where some of my favorite moments ever at a gig. 

I've seen Sum 41, Offspring and Weezer now in the last 8 months and all of them have delivered. 

ahhh, should have gone?

did you goto London? here's a lil review/feature thing Team Rock did about it: http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-04-06/six-things-we-learned-at-weezer-s-london-gig

Cheers for that link. Nice little article. My brothers 16 and it's spot on. He was probably the youngest person standing last night in London. Worth going upto. We travelled from Southampton though not sure I'd travel that far to see them again in a hurry personally.

Heavy Fest 2016 has been cancelled

Organisers say the music event is "no more" due to spiralling costs and mounting pressure to book exclusive bands

Organisers have confirmed that this year's Hevy Fest has been cancelled.

They say they bowed to pressure amid rising costs, difficulty in finding a new location and the challenge of booking exclusive acts each year. It's also been announced that the event has now been put to rest "indefinitely."

Organisers say: "After six years of incredible bands, legendary hangs, and a lot of monkeys – we’re sorry to announce that Hevy Fest is pulling the plug.

"Many things have contributed: Port Lympne being unable to continue hosting the event, the increasingly difficult task of putting together a lineup with more and more exclusives enforced each year, and the pressure to offer good value with spiralling costs.

"The odds are stacked against anyone taking on the challenge, and they have proven too great for us to overcome.

"There is a great community of hardcore, punk and metal supporters in the UK and we hope that other small festivals will be able to grow into this space, and to deliver the event we aspired to.

"As a small independent event, we want to thank everyone who has supported us over the years."

Several acts such as Enter Shikari, Refused, Sikth and Animals As Leaders were scheduled to appear at this year's Hevy Fest in Newhaven, Derbyshire from August 19 to 20.

They also announced a raft of new additions at the end of last month, including Neck Deep, Saves The Day, Hawthorne Heights and Defeater.

Ticket holders will be automatically refunded. Money including booking fees and postage will be returned within the next 10 working days.

• Paid Members

Hevy just seems to be the classic case of trying to compete in a flooded market. I see the *exclusive* thing pop up all over festival posters these days. Guess bands will ask for a much higher figure for them kind of slots. There's simply too many festivals trying to cater for the same kind of fanbase.

• Paid Members

Kerbdog have only gone and announced another UK Tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=-0NUlrz7e9Q

Oct 12: Birmingham The Institute
Oct 13: Glasgow Classic Grand
Oct 14: Leeds Brudenell Social Club
Oct 15: London Boston Music Room
Oct 16: Cardiff The Globe

I still remember sitting in my GCSE English class in around '97 when i read in Kerrang! that Kerbdog had split up due to little fanfare, it was just after On The Turn came out and i never got to see them live, i was devastated. Crazy that 15-20 years later i've got to see them once already, they've put out a live album, are getting decent festival slot and are getting some well deserved earned plaudits. YES!