The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Cracking venue.

Theres a huge multi-story venue bang opposite the venue. The venue is big but the standing area is quite small, there's a lot tiered seating. Think it holds about 1500. Great sounding venue too, i wish more bands would play there...it was really popular a decade or so ago.

Only downside is the bar is upstairs and away from the auditorium and the queues are normally awful.

• Paid Members

Cheers - I will do that then I think. Not sure I can sit down whilst watching Slayer though

unlike most venues, you get general admission tickets so you can chose to sit down if you want....but you are correct, it isn't right to sit down to Slayer.

Any word on if there's a web-stream for Download?

• Paid Members

yeh, i think it was '99 when they did it. We set a TV up in the garden and got pissed with that going off in the background all weekend, it was great.

Most festivals stream their performances these days, sure it can't cost that much? saying that Bloodstock do it and the sound quality on the recordings is that bad i half wish they don't do it. I'm fairly certain it puts certain people off going to the festival.

Good shout on BFMV, they're about here at the minute having just done Camden Rocks.

Having them sign before their set is either TNA stupid or a great way of getting word out about whoever it is and getting people over to the stage ("hey, so & so are at the signing tent, they must be the secret band")

I'm thinking Babymetal will be the Friday band. The Friday secret slot is 21:20-21:50 based on changeover times throughout the day. Short but sweet seems the right way to do it if it is Babymetal as rumored. I could be wrong, but there are a few reasons i'm pretty sure its Babymetal..

Liftshare tweeted about Download using a pic of them and tagged Babymetal in the tweet. No denial.

Copping tweeted about the secret band, and one of the singers liked the tweet.

Babymetal are getting high billing for the Golden Gods alongside Dragonforce (they collaborated recently), so they're already in the UK that weekened.

Dragonforce are playing Friday and finish just under 2hrs before the secret slot. So wouldn't be at all shocked to see them perform together.

I could be completely wrong, but it all seems to point to a likely Babymetal set on the Friday. I'll be busy watching Slipknot regardless. Sunday secret slot will be a 45 min set and could be anyone. But wouldn't be shocked at BFMV.