The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Good booking there from Bloodstock, continue to go from strength to strength.

After the amount of promos they got this year, I fully expect Avenged Sevenfold to be on of the Download 2014 headliners

I also expect System Of A Down and either Kiss or AC/DC to be the other headliners.

Down will go down a storm at Bloodstock though, that place will fucking hum of Marijuana.

Me and a mate though SOAD at first, but they did it in 2011 (the last time Avenged Sevenfold played) so if they do book Avenged Sevenfold as headliners, your top of the card is going to have an air of similarity to it. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it also depends what kind of terms Serj and Darren are on.

They would have to make all kinds of sacrifices to get AC/DC again (like they did in 2010). KISS is a decent shout. They were rumoured as 2nd stage headliners this year, but KISS don't play second fiddle to anyone

After much speculation about the band's future following the arrest and incarceration of frontman Ian Watkins, Lostprophets have posted the following statement:

"

After nearly a year of coming to terms with our heartache, we finally feel ready to announce publicly what we have thought privately for some time. We can no longer continue making or performing music as Lostprophets. Your love and support over the past 15 years has been tremendous, and we'll be forever grateful for all you've given us. As we look forward to the next phase of our lives, we can only hope to be surrounded by people as devoted and inspiring as you guys have been.

Jamie, Lee, Luke, Mike, and Stu."

Watkins is due to stand trail on child sex charges this November.

After much speculation about the band's future following the arrest and incarceration of frontman Ian Watkins, Lostprophets have posted the following statement:

"

After nearly a year of coming to terms with our heartache, we finally feel ready to announce publicly what we have thought privately for some time. We can no longer continue making or performing music as Lostprophets. Your love and support over the past 15 years has been tremendous, and we'll be forever grateful for all you've given us. As we look forward to the next phase of our lives, we can only hope to be surrounded by people as devoted and inspiring as you guys have been.

Jamie, Lee, Luke, Mike, and Stu."

Watkins is due to stand trail on child sex charges this November.

Even if Watkins is found not guilty, they just cannot carry on as lost prophets. If he is innocent all he can hope for is a 2nd stage at Download in 10 years time for anyone who still remembers them.

• Paid Members

Yeh they were fucked either way the court case goes. The other guys in the band must be gutted.

Oh yeh, i forgot Emperor headlining Bloodstock - and i was there when they made the announcement! - weirdly though, Bloodstock released the first poster last night and Emperor wasn't on it.

Me and a mate though SOAD at first, but they did it in 2011 (the last time Avenged Sevenfold played) so if they do book Avenged Sevenfold as headliners, your top of the card is going to have an air of similarity to it. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it also depends what kind of terms Serj and Darren are on.

They would have to make all kinds of sacrifices to get AC/DC again (like they did in 2010). KISS is a decent shout. They were rumoured as 2nd stage headliners this year, but KISS don't play second fiddle to anyone

do you think Linkin Park for next year are a good shout?

Headlining Download is a funny thing, really only a few things can do it.

do you think Linkin Park for next year are a good shout?

Headlining Download is a funny thing, really only a few things can do it.

No because then you are just booking 2011 again, might as well get Def Leppard on the phone too.

KISS are as strong a guess as any seen as Download like to book some kind of 'heritage' act in a headline slot and they haven't been there since 2008. You say only a few can do it, which shows the state of festivals in general. relying on the same acts year after year rather than taking a chance on a new act to step up. This year they could have taken a punt on Bullet For My Valentine in the headline slot rather than booking them in the same spot as 2 years earlier. I'm not a fan myself, but they are a massive act who could have played the headline slot and I'm sure that they would have gone down well. In turn you could have then booked Slipknot in 2014, when they put out a new album rather than having them put on a lacklusture show like they did this year, which they could have done easily as there is no major competition anymore for Download in the UK metal/rock festival scene as Bloodstock is not on the same level and Sonisphere isn't coming back anytime soon.

* Machine Head signed with Nuclear Blast and will put a new album next year

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

I'd say Avenged Sevenfold are locked in to headline Download next year. They don't interest me much, the new album is poor & both times I've seen them they've never been better than average. I think there's a good chance of Rage Against The Machine being another headliner & there's talk of Van Halen also. Sonisphere UK is meant to be returning in 2014 too. As it stands I'm thinking I'll be at whichever festival Pearl Jam end up playing.

There was talk of Van Halen last year too, if you believe the 'cancellation' announcement from last years tour they were to set to headline every major festival going.

Aside from Avenged Sevenfold, I honestly don't know who the others will be. Personally I'd like to see Tool play again (also set to have a new album out) and recent years has seen talk of Rush, but I'd be suprised if that ever came off