The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Howard Jones has left Killswitch Engage.

Not really a shock, you get the impression that Howard wasn't happy in the band for a long time, I always felt that he was never truly comfortable being on stage either. Great vocalist no doubt, but he always seemed out of place to me.

Band are looking for a new singer.

Howard killed Download 2010. Howard fitted KsE like a glove and although everyone seen the writing on the wall he was brilliant. If Jesse rejoins i will be pissed but i think this will be the end of KSE for now if not ever.

This saddens me, Howard is one of the most talented vocalists in the genre, his transition between clean and screaming vocals are flawless and i have never heard him play a bad show. I do enjoy the Jesse Killswitch stuff but if he does come back it would be a massive step back for the band but to be fair i think this may be it.

Hopefully they pull something out the bag and bring in someone decent and prove wrong.

Good chance I will be heading to Download if it can be afforded. My brother wants to go see Metallica and Black Sabbath.

However, depending on finances. I am going to wait for more bands to be announced.

3 sub headliners and 11 other bands announced this coming Monday.

Edited by Harvey Dent

I'm as big a fan of Judas Priest as you'll ever find, and Dead Mike please don't take this as a shot at you, but after doing their "farewell" Epitaph tour last year including High Voltage Festival, to play another festival less than 12 months later would be a massive slap in the face to the fans

No offence taken here. They've just announced a one-off show in London in May which has Download 'warm-up' written all over it. I may (likely) be wrong though.

Don't get me wrong, they are one of my all-time favourite bands and would love to see them again (me and a friend even spoke about it recently). I just think to come back so soon after a "farewell" tour is a bit of an insult to the people who saw them less than a year ago. Saying that, "farewell" tours usually don't mean shit, as I found out when I was 15 and saw Black Sabbath's "Last Supper" show.

Personally, I would love for one of them to be Manowar, but that's highly unlikey and I would just end ripping on the "TRUUUUE METAL~!" fans

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members
Good chance I will be heading to Download if it can be afforded. My brother wants to go see Metallica and Black Sabbath.

However, depending on finances. I am going to wait for more bands to be announced.

3 sub headliners and 11 other bands announced this coming Monday.

It's bloody expensive this time!

They're not the worst thing you'll ever hear, some ok tunes in there. Never seen them in a live setting though. I think I'll like the more than I did Combichrist on the last Rammstein tour, who started well but after about 15 minutes just seemed to drift into generic "Matrix soundtrack territory"