The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Not specifically music related, but my mates having a Rob Zombie themed party. Was really tempted to go with an Edge theme but don't think anyone would make the connection, or that i'd make a convincing Edge :p

Anyone know of any distinctive female character in any of his films? Or should I just go for the generic gore look?

Not specifically music related, but my mates having a Rob Zombie themed party. Was really tempted to go with an Edge theme but don't think anyone would make the connection, or that i'd make a convincing Edge :p

Anyone know of any distinctive female character in any of his films? Or should I just go for the generic gore look?

Go as Sheri Moon? or is that too obvious?

Sean Yseult another left field choice?

NECA-The-Devil-s-Rejects-BABY-loose-figure.jpg

changed the thread to be more of a general rock music thread, saves me starting too many music threads...we all like the kind of shit anyways :)

Well, make sense as a lot of what your going on about haven't got a whole lot to do with metal ;)

Anyway, I'm giving a shout out to Speedwolf debut album which is a fun piece of work if your up for some blasting speed metal with corny lyrics :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqWic_huWZI

while looking for Download news over on E-Festivals, I found this in the news section

Van Halen have shelved plans for their European tour which included an appearance at the 10th anniversary of Download at Donington Park over the weekend of Friday 8th to Sunday 10th June 2012.

Melodic Rock online, (here) are reporting that that the vintage American hard rockers have cancelled their planned 2012 Summer Tour of Europe before the dates were even announced. The dates include what would have been an appearance at Download on the Sunday of the festival.

The article reveals that, "because planning was so far along for the tour - the dates and venues were already locked in. There has been no reason given to promoters for the cancellation. Simply that it was not going to go ahead."

The cancelled dates were:

May

28 - Paris Zenith

30 - Zuerich Hallenstadion

June

1 - Barcelona Pala Jordi

3 - Milano Arena Fiera

5 - Dortmund Westfalenhalle

7 - Sweden Rock Solvesborg

10 - Download Festival Donnington

13 - Stuttgart Schleyerhalle

15 - Hellfest Clisson France

17 - Fields Of Rock Festival Holland

19 - Berlin O2 Arena

21 - Prag

23 - Grasspop Metal Meeting Belgium

Van Halen were set to play every major metal festival next year, that would have made them a fucking fortune!

Danish metal rock 'n' rollers VOLBEAT have issued the following update:

"VOLBEAT has decided to part ways with Thomas Bredahl.

"Being in a band is in many ways similar to a marriage with ups and downs. At times you can work it out and sometimes you need to go separate ways...

"We want to thank him for the work he has put in for VOLBEAT and we wish him all the best in the future.

"VOLBEAT will play all shows as announced, either as a trio or with a replacement guitarist. Right now we'll take a well-deserved break and we will be back on the road in January, ready to rock the Gigantour and Wacken."

Bredahl had been a member of VOLBEAT since 2006.

• Paid Members

anyone picked up that new Kerrang '666 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die' magazine?

it's a very good unbiased look back at a few decades worth of albums, they basically take 666 albums and give them a restrospective review. It's a pretty substantial list, i highly recommend it.

• Paid Members
Skindred/therapy? jager world tour for a fucking fiver. ace

im going! Black Spiders have been added to the bill. I think there's around 25 of us planning on trekking up together already, shows what happens when the prices drop :laugh:

• Paid Members
anyone picked up that new Kerrang '666 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die' magazine?

it's a very good unbiased look back at a few decades worth of albums, they basically take 666 albums and give them a restrospective review. It's a pretty substantial list, i highly recommend it.

I had a flick through and was actually impressed at how in-depth it is.

Even includes Status Quo's "Piledriver" album too! :thumbsup: