The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

slayer-world-painted-blood1.jpg

been spinning this the last week or so. I kind of neglected it when it was first released, i bought it but i never gave it my full attention...i was under the assumption that most people saw this as 'just another Slayer album', but it's far exceeded my expectations...fanstastic stuff, i'm a big Slayer fan and this thing just nails everything i love about the band.

My favourite Slayer album differs from time to time, for a while i actually thought Christ Illusion might be my favourite Slayer record but i think i might be preferring World Painted Blood at the moment.

I fucking love Slayer.

Iron Maiden have announced a world tour for next year with a little indication that a UK tour will follow straight after it.

Maiden have said UK tour dates coming next, o2 Arena would be perfect.

Just watching my Big Four Live blu ray as I type this, its so good to have the full sets up rather than the edited cinema broadcast. Dave Mustaine's voice was cleaned up a bit in post production and Megadeth sound absolutely killer. There's a beautiful shot of Dave's face as he looks up at the opening heavens during Holy Wars and just give a classic "I'm glad I'm under cover" look. I didn't realise Anthrax were playing "Only" as that wasn't in the cinema, certainly sounds a bit off with Belladonna singing that, not bad though. I love Anthrax, they're great fun. Slayer are on now, god damn do they look ridiculous these days. 3 fat guys and Lombardo looking like a teenager going mental on the kit. But they make some great angry noise. These Bulgarians are still going crazy in the pissing rain too, I love european festival crowds. Unlike Download this year when it rained on sunday and everyone just moped and the crowd completely died for the most part. Anyway, this is a great package for any fans of these bands, definately getting bang for your buck.

Side note; if you're after the Blu Ray of this, Amazon.co.uk are doing it for

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members
Just watching my Big Four Live blu ray as I type this, its so good to have the full sets up rather than the edited cinema broadcast. Dave Mustaine's voice was cleaned up a bit in post production and Megadeth sound absolutely killer. There's a beautiful shot of Dave's face as he looks up at the opening heavens during Holy Wars and just give a classic "I'm glad I'm under cover" look. I didn't realise Anthrax were playing "Only" as that wasn't in the cinema, certainly sounds a bit off with Belladonna singing that, not bad though. I love Anthrax, they're great fun. Slayer are on now, god damn do they look ridiculous these days. 3 fat guys and Lombardo looking like a teenager going mental on the kit. But they make some great angry noise. These Bulgarians are still going crazy in the pissing rain too, I love european festival crowds. Unlike Download this year when it rained on sunday and everyone just moped and the crowd completely died for the most part. Anyway, this is a great package for any fans of these bands, definately getting bang for your buck.

I thought that too. Jeff Hanneman doesn't look well.

• Paid Members

yep, Hanneman has piled on the pounds recently.

I'm getting the blu-ray for xmas off my sister, i was gonna buy it today but im stuck on what to have for xmas, so i'll wait. Boxing day viewing with a few beers me thinks.

Speaking of metal dvd's, if anyone is a Cannibal Corpse fan or remotely has an interest in Death Metal, you need this...

196356.jpg

it'll probably set you back about

Slayer are on now, god damn do they look ridiculous these days.

I'd pay good money to see you tell Kerry King that to his face.

Yeah I probably wouldn't, that arm guard he was wearing had about 8 inch spikes on it alone, that could do some damage. At least I could tell him then run away, I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat my sprint time.

Edited by Harvey Dent

Iron Maiden UK tour dates up:

JULY

Wed 20 Scotland, Glasgow SECC

Thu 21 Scotland, Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena

Sat 23 England, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Sun 24 England, Sheffield Motorpoint Arena

Wed 27 England, Nottingham Trent FM Arena

Thu 28 England, Manchester MEN Arena

Sun 31 England, Birmingham NIA

AUGUST

Mon 1 Wales, Cardiff CIA Arena

Wed 3 Northern Ireland, Belfast Odyssey

Fri 5 England, London 02 Arena

On sale Saturday November 20th.

• Paid Members

my death metal education continues... i know the basics of the genre, but there's so much stuff i haven't heard. Trying to discover some new shit, and got on the case of this after checking out what bands Chris Barnes has been involved with:

TorKillSwarmCover2.JPG

this was the only Torture Killer album that Barnes was vocalist for, and it's fucking fantastic. It's basic stripped down Death Metal, not overly technical and just crushingly awesome. The riffs on this album made me shit my pants.

Any death metal fans here? recommend me some more shit!!