Foxy Knoxy Guilty

PowerButchi

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
June, are you really saying that people should be treated differently by the law based on their looks?

No, that was only a minor facet of my argument. My main point is that if people are not going to reoffend, and have the intelligence and skills to offer something to society (and pay tax), then imprisoning them is counter productive, as it costs us money and we don't gain anything except the warm knowledge that the murderer is being punished. A better system would be having her do community service for two or three years in addition to her day job, and have a percentage of her wages for say, ten or twenty years get paid as compensation to the family of the victim.

The important points are also that,

- The offender must not have been found guilty of a crime that is premeditated with malicious intent and with absolutely irrefutable evidence, where the defendant is not remorseful and may commit crime again. The lighter punishments should only apply in incidences of manslaughter, not completely concrete evidence and when the court finds that the defendant is unlikely to reoffend

- The offender must have skills and talents to offer society

• Moderators
You seriously suggesting that people who take part in a murder should not be imprisoned if they happen to be young, handsome and charismatic?

That helps, but the real crux is that if,

a. They are unlikely to reoffend

If this is the real crux of your argument you should probably have more to go on than just "she looks like I don't reckon she would re-offend".

Go back and read what you originally said and be honest with yourself about whether it is the same as what you're trying to twist your argument into now or it just sounds like something really stupid that you said without thinking and now feel compelled to defend.

Rose West? Would have walked if only she could have found a more flattering pair of specs...

And if only Adolf had used a little product in his hair rather than that awful flick parting [/Godwin]

In total fairness Rose West in her younger days wasn't bad at all

• Paid Members
Hindley was young, intelligent, articulate, and someone probably fancied her. You're still justifying locking up one and not the other based on you finding one more attractive than the other.

If you read my post properly you'd see that my main differentiation between the two cases was that Hindley showed little remorse and was likely to reoffend, whereas Knox looked simply scared and regretful of any crimes she might have done.

This is all theoretical, based on what your cock is telling you. "Knox is unlikely to reoffend because she's beautiful".

Take Hindley away from Brady, address the massive guilt complex she suffered from, and it's quite possible she wouldn't have reoffended. Who knows? Absolutely nobody on the planet, because this avenue was never considered (and rightly so).

Part of the medias vilification of Knox was based on that she often appeared to be smiling and smirking, and absolutely not looking remorseful.

Archived