Foxy Knoxy Guilty

PowerButchi

Why? What purpose does it serve locking this woman up? Even if she had a part it in, she probably wasn't the ringleader. Maybe the family of the deceased will consider it 'justice', but the reality is that it is taxpayers such as themselves who foot the bill for her life from now on if she's locked up, when the likelihood is she won't reoffend. She's already been through the mill anyway, and it's far from definite she's guilty.

Because sometimes the purpose of the Law is to punish, not just rehabilitate. The taxpayer will always foot the bill for prisoners, but that is the quite literal price you pay to remove murders, rapists, thieves and other criminals from the society.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has been punished somewhat, having spent a significant amount of time behind bars in a foreign country, for a crime it isn't certain she committed. The three main purposes of a criminal justice system are punishment, protection of the public and lastly rehabilitation (which isn't focused on as much as it should be). For me, they should be balanced against each other and then against the potential cost of imprisoning the criminal.

In many cases, the offender has committed a terrible crime, and it is likely if released they may do it again, in which case imprisonment is the logical solution in the system we employ currently. However, if the defendant is not especially violent and there is a low chance of reoffending than the case for spending a lot of public money enforcing a long sentence seems counterproductive to me. First a particular member of society pays for their crime directly, then the same member and society as a whole pays for the punishment. It just doesn't make sense.

In my view, Knox should not be imprisoned even if found guilty because;

1. The evidence is tenuous.

2. She had co-conspirators who represent more of a risk to the general public

3. She's beautiful and intelligent and has something to offer to society.

- Should we lock such a beautiful girl up for years and deprive people of enjoying her aesthetic presence in the world?

-Should we deprive society of such an enigmatic, interesting character?

- Should we let her fester in prison for years and return a broken woman with nothing to offer?

4. With her being such a high profile suspect in this case, and with her vehement publicly stated pleas of innocence, it seems unlikely she would commit a similar crime again.

5. Keeping her in jail for such a long period is uneconomical for the Italian tax payer in light of the low risk she poses.

Gorgeous, mate? Have you got fucking eyes?

They BUTCHERED that poor girl. She was clearly involved in something. Even if she's an accomplice or tried to stage the crime scene for the burglary, she's where she deserves to be.

Our government have sanctioned the butchering of hundreds of thousands or Iraqis and Afghans in recent years, and they're not up on murder trials. I maintain that locking her up isn't sensible economically or socially.

As for you thinking she's ugly,

Amanda-Knox_999113c.jpg

No denying she looks beautiful here. I'm not saying being attractive should get you off a murder charge, but with the evidence so touch-and-go (she could have simply been cooking with the knife they got her fingerprints on - and her lawyers refute that evidence as faulty anyway) and with her not seeing a particularly threatening person to society I feel a custodial sentence is not the way forward. Community Service would be more useful and economical.

What a strange little circus on the news channels!

If she was a pure munt then nobody would give a fuck

Very true. They're like "what? Attractive people can do bad things too!?"

She's the anti Susan Boyle, if you like.

• Paid Members

Flaming June is trolling, but when you actually read up on the case, there is fuck all solid evidence linking Knox and Sollecito to the murder.

Rudy Guede who had DNA and bloody handprints all over the place has really benefitted from Knox being attractive. He fast-tracked and appealed his case and only got 16 years. No one knows who he is either.

Archived