Foxy Knoxy Guilty

PowerButchi

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pair had denied killing her in a sex game but prosecutors said Sollecito held her down while Knox stabbed her to death in what began as a drug-induced sex game.

So where does the other guy, Rudy Guede fit into all of this?! He was also charged with murder and got 30 years.

The evidence against her and her boyfriend makes it look very likely that she's guilty,

What evidence is this? Because it looked incredibly thin to me. A couple of pieces of DNA that were so miniscule that they were unlikely to be from anything other than contamination.

I must have been living in a cave. Who is she and what did she do?

Living in Coulsdon where the murdered girl is from and knowing a few people close to Meredith, I will try and be as objective as I can.

Meredith Kercher was a 21 year old student who went to Italy as a student. She was found semi naked with her throat slit in her home back in 2007. Initial evidence pointed towards fellow U.S. student Amanda Knox & her then boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito. At the start Know tried to pin the blame on Patrick Diya Lumumba, a local bar owner who had nothing to do with it. However, Rudy Guede, a guy from the Ivory Coast was arrested for his part in the murder and was sentenced to 30 years prison last October (2008).

There has been numerous twists and turns throughout the court case which you can find abbreviated down if you search online. In my opinion, justice was done. Too much of the defence didn't add up.

so if I'm wrong she will get her chance once again

Is that not kind of a sham if the entire Italian legal system regarding this case is extremely sketchy anyway? If they've used thin evidence to convict her once, an appeal isn't going to help the situation. There should be some sort of U.N. law where cases can be trialled in a different country or by a U.N. judicial system if the result remains greatly disputed.

I might be wrong, but the murdered girl was British and Knox is American, right? And the already convicted guy is from the Ivory Coast, but the trial is in Italy because that's where it happened. Or is someone involved Italian?

Anyway, if my above sentence is close to accurate, surely the case should be held in Britain, the country that is now down a murdered citizen, I mean what the fuck do Italy care?

Aah okay. Even so, whether they did or not, the end result of this trial, to the worldwide stage is: The Italian judicial system is sketchy at best. It certainly isnt: Well done Italy for banging up a vindictive murderer. It really doesn't sound like there's anywhere near enough hard evidence to remove 25 years+ from a 21 year old's life.

From what I grasped from the news, there was a knife, Knox's DNA on the handle, and Meredith's on the blade. Am I missing any other major evidence? Because that alone is a shit excuse to bang someone up in Italy for a quarter of a century.

I'm not saying she didn't do it, nor fighting her case, in fact I really don't know the evidence for and against except the knife thing, but it isn't that often that the mass media will shine doubt on the conviction of a murderer, there must be good reason for that. Unless we're just having a pop at Italy.

I dunno, from what I remember (and some of this may be wrong, so somebody feel free to correct me)...

Her blood was found in several places in the bathroom at the home were the girl was killed. It was mixed with the victim's blood. The blood was not dried which obviously suggests it was fresh, but she claimed she hadn't been in the house that night. Her alibi was that she was with her boyfriend at his place all night, but he said she wasn't. He claimed he was at home downloading stuff on his computer, but analysis of his computer showed this to be bullshit. On the night of the murder, she and her boyfriend turned their phones off at the same time and turned them on at pretty much the same time early in the morning, despite claiming to be asleep. One of them went out and bought two bottles of bleach the morning after the killing. They told police the were asleep at the time the receipts show they had bought the bleach. The bleach was used to clean a knife at the boyfriend's home. The knife had Knox and the victim's DNA on it. When Knox got back to the house to find the door open and blood on the carpet, rather than call the cops, she just took a shower instead. Her other flatmate described this as 'odd'. Every one of the victim's friends who were around Knox said she didn't seem upset at all and spent most of her time at the police station laughing, sticking out her tongue, doing cartwheels and fooling around with her boyfriend.

After a few days, she decided she actually was there when the killing happened and blamed a perfectly innocent man for the crime, calling him 'crazy' when, by all accounts, he is a mild mannered family man. When he was cleared, she retracted this and went back to the original story of not being there and claimed the police had slapped her around in order to get her to give a name. In her defence, she was interrogated without her attorney present, which I'm pretty sure is illegal.

I'm not one to play amateur detective, and I'm not totally convinced either way, but it doesn't seem like the most ridiculous guilty verdict of all time.

Archived