DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Went to see Toy Story 3 last night. I thought it was superb. Had a great blend of drama and comedy with Pixar's incredible animation and mind boggling attention to detail. The only criticisms I'd have is that it was a bit short, though for a kid, that's not a problem, and the ending was

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

sickly sweet.

Don't miss the end credits, they are great.

• Paid Members
Went to see Toy Story 3 last night. I thought it was superb. Had a great blend of drama and comedy with Pixar's incredible animation and mind boggling attention to detail. The only criticisms I'd have is that it was a bit short, though for a kid, that's not a problem, and the ending was

sickly sweet.

Don't miss the end credits, they are great.

How heartbreaking is the incinerator scene?

• Paid Members
I had that a bit spoiled by the bloody Toy Story facebook group so it didn't quite have the impact it might have. Beautifully shot though.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Me too, but I assumed that someone died so was on the edge of my seat all the way through. Woody was the last to appear on screen once they were clawed so I thought it was going to be him :(

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

GAH.

Edited by KJHenley

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Me too, but I assumed that someone died so was on the edge of my seat all the way through. Woody was the last to appear on screen once they were clawed so I thought it was going to be him :(

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Double Gah. Why arent the spoiler tags working?

Edited by KJHenley

• Paid Members

Watched Observe & Report on Sky last night. What an abortion of a film. I'm not sure when it was filmed but I can't believe Seth Rogan would have signed up for this shit after he became famous. It's horrendous. The story arc is more of a blip. It's an excuse for a load of people to say "fuck" a lot and some poorly thought out violence. Avoid at all costs.

• Paid Members
Use spoiler2

[spoiler2][/spoiler2]

Ah Cheers

I got spoiled by the FB group aswell, but thought that someone died in the incinerator scene which made it even more tense for me. Woody was the last to appear on screen after they got clawed, so I was on the edge of my seat thinking it was him. Great moment with them all holding hands though.

Kick Ass

First time since I saw it at the cinema, in glorious HD.

Actually enjoyed it even more the second time around. The characters are likeable and relatable, the dialogue works well, and the script is pretty spot on.

Visually the movie looks absolutely fantastic, and the direction throughout the whole thing actually astounds me at points. Especially certain scenes with Hit Girl. The music fits perfectly, and the visual style suits the storyline completely.

Probably the best movie all-round I've seen in a long time. I honestly can't find fault in any of it, and it's the sort of movie I'd love to have my name attached to.

Cemetary Junction. Although I'm not from the era, I thought they'd captured (at least visually) the 70's very well. The story itself is OK and I did chuckle a few times. My main gripe was Ricky Gervais character. When you first saw him in the factory he looked like an old school grafter, fag sticking out his mouth, overweight, a little rough looking and I thought this would be a nice change from the Gervais norm. But most of his scene's reminded me of Brent too much. As clever as he is, on screen he's very one dimensional. I did enjoy his scenes because he did make me laugh, but I was expecting something a little more hard hitting from him based on his introduction, and felt a little let down when it wasn't.

It's quite a good film but not worth the 7.8 IMDB is giving it. Might be worth a watch again some point down the road.

Watched Observe & Report on Sky last night. What an abortion of a film. I'm not sure when it was filmed but I can't believe Seth Rogan would have signed up for this shit after he became famous. It's horrendous. The story arc is more of a blip. It's an excuse for a load of people to say "fuck" a lot and some poorly thought out violence. Avoid at all costs.

He was famous before signing up, he even had some say in the making of it and is friends with Jody Hill the director.

One of the most misjudged films i've seen in quite a while and i'm a big Rogan fan.

• Paid Members

Recently I have seen:

The Last Airbender - Do not watch this movie at any cost it is absolutely awful, worst film of the year and we are only in July. Hideous.

Knight & Day - Fun enough as long as you can endure Tom Cruise for the best part of 2 hours.

Step Up 3-D - Really, really bad, however the dance sequences especially the one at the end are amazing to watch or as some kid said on the way out of the screening 'That was totaly sic dude, totally off the chain' whatever that means.

More excitingly I am seeing The Expendables on Tuesday night.

Edited by Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

I loved that film, it's the stuff that you don't normally get in those kinds of films that made me love it, for me if it didn't have the SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

flasher nudity, the date rape and the bit where they shoot up heroin

it would've been shit but those bits made it great for me.

Just saw the A Team and really enjoyed it. I was no massive fan of the original tv series and was already a big fan of the new actors, so it wasn't a problem for me to have this movie. Its pretty mindless, but its the fucking A Team, its just great fun. Sharlto Copley is particularly standout, he's hilarious in it. So yeah, worth checking out for sure.