DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Moonrise Kingdom isn't being shown in either Showcase or Cineworld here, or even the Odeon in Metrocentre. So now I have to wait untily July 20th to see it in ARC, my local arty theatre/cinema.

Watch Take Shelter if you haven't already. And love it.

http://stagevu.com/video/kxlditbnnbgs

Saw this last night, and thought it was very good. The main guys gradual mental decline and increased paranoia is told well, and acted superbly. There was nothing over the top, apart from that little punch-up scene, which was probably my least favourate part of the film.

The ending was confusing, mind, and a quick look at the IMDB message board shows plenty of theories about what it meant. Had the wife become parnoid? Was it just another dream? Was it reality? Whatever it was, it probably wasnt nescessary, and was not really in keeping with the rest of the film.

So I saw the Sherlock Holmes sequel the other night, having been looking forward to watching it for a while. It's crap. I really wanted to like it but it really is quite abysmal. It reminded me of when first year film students first use a video editing software and suddenly discover all the different effects they can do and use them every three seconds. I almost wonder if it was deliberate sabotage.

Oh, Richie - it really is load of bollocks, though. I never thought Robot Monster was any cop at all, lot of wandering around.

Would you put it anywhere near the title of worst film ever though? The 'robot' does do a fair bit of wandering around when he

• Paid Members
Oh, Richie - it really is load of bollocks, though. I never thought Robot Monster was any cop at all, lot of wandering around.

Would you put it anywhere near the title of worst film ever though? The 'robot' does do a fair bit of wandering around when he

• Paid Members

Yeah, but if you've got the footage, use it. I'd love to have the time to write and research the history of buy-in footage being used to pad a movie, or add to it. Most of the nasty scenes in Eaten Alive (the Umberto Lenzi one, not Tobe Hooper) are inserts from other cannibal pics.

Now for some really shit shit: The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961). I watched this because it starred Tor Johnson (the big brute ex Swedish wrestler from the Ed Wood movies) who I am planning on doing a portrait of soon, and also because I was hungry for some more low budget crap after the fun of watching Robot Monster.

This film is unbelievably bad. For a start, it