DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

just got back from seeing Crazy Stupid Love. really enjoyed it though with the cast it had, i was hooked from when i first saw the trailer a few months back and wasnt really disappointed. sure it was verging on Love, Actually territory and the ending was very "hollywood", but the cast totally made the characters enjoyable for me and i was pleasantly surprised by the twists as they came. the young actress who played the babysitter was particularly good i thought whereas i expect great stuff from carrell, moore, stone and gosling, anyway. carrell plays lovable loser very, very well and it might be too repetitive for some who have seen the office, 40 year old virgin, date night and dan in real life; but i thought there were enough plot threads to keep it from being stale and tbh i love the guy, regardless. the jacob character could have been a really unlikable dick in the hands of a less talented actor, but gosling wins me over time and time again. emma stone is simply charming once more.

also marissa tomei is a stone-cold fox and it delighted me to hear the two women in their fifties sat behind me, jealously bitch about her when she first appeared :p

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread but Mad Men is fucking brilliant.

Watched the first 3 series in the last few weeks and just started the fourth - I love it.

It's pushing The Wire as my favourite show. Ever.

Any fans out there?

Just recently started watching HOUSE.

Can't believe i've not seen it earlier, absolutely love it. Have only watched Season One so far, but i've already ordered the DVD's for the next few seasons. Watched Season 1 in about 4 days I got into it that much.

I was a bit concerned at first that every episode was 'samey', but the character development keeps it ticking over, Hugh Laurie is just sensational, really enjoying his character. The detox episode and the one where he went on a monster truck date were my favourite's I think seeing how his character showed in them two.

Any one else a fan? Assume there's a lot better to come in the later seasons?

• Paid Members

Revolutionary Road. Can't believe I hadn't even seen it up until now since I'm a big DiCaprio fan. It was nice to see Kate Winslet and Leo together again all these years after Titanic. I thought the film was fantastic, very sad, but fantastic. They are both great actors.

Devil

5 people are stuck in an elevator, one of them is the Devil

simple premise and simply done movie. I certainly would class this as a B style movie, it doesnt have a big movie feel to it and I dont see repeat viewings for it but it was certainly worth the original viewing. Great if you like Twilight Zone style stories.

It was about 1AM and I wasn't tired enough to sleep, yet was too tired to commit myself to anything too demanding. So, I put on Bad Teacher. Cameron Diaz's performance is a lot better than I was expecting. She's markedly better than the script overall, which seems desperately raunchy at times.

Just about average stuff overall, anchored by the performances of the leads, but just a shame that it never reaches its potential.

• Paid Members

Cameron Diaz is a cracking actress. I get the impression that she has played it easy for the most of his career, like she's not confident enough in her own ability to break out from comedy. She doesn't mind making a tit of herself and sending herself up, and she doesn't mind being made to look unglamorous. She's quality but I'd love to see her break out of her comfort zone and do a lot more serious stuff and show her range.

Plus, she's just :love:

Went to see Drive yesterday, and what a flick it was. I thought it was incredible and easily the best flick I've seen in years. Couldn't wait to see it again, and low and behold, there's a Screener up this morning on the usual places...

Yeah I saw it over the weekend and echo these comments, out-fucking-standing.

• Paid Members
Went to see Drive yesterday, and what a flick it was. I thought it was incredible and easily the best flick I've seen in years. Couldn't wait to see it again, and low and behold, there's a Screener up this morning on the usual places...

Yeah I saw it over the weekend and echo these comments, out-fucking-standing.

Watched it over the weekend, it really is a fantatsic film

• Paid Members
Watched Horrible Bosses over the weekend. I didn't find it as funny as I thought I would. I found the little bearded bloke quite annoying (why shout throughout the whole film?), and Aniston has ruined herself with surgery. Although I did enjoy her talking filthy.

I don't think she's had any surgery apart from her dodgy nose from about 20 years ago has she..? Or am I being naive?