DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Superman 2

Of the 4, this is the second worst in my opinion. I know people may like this one more, but to be honest i got very bored of it and couldnt even finish watching it. I have seen it before, and remember it being much better that it was......but again i didnt like it anywhere near much as the first.

:confused::angry::/:(

Number 2 is totally the best Superman movie.

It was "ok", i just didnt like it very much. Like i said when i was a kid, it was awesome, but in watching the lot of them again, i found superman 1 to be the better of the 4. Im sure i might of given up on it wa to quickly, but it looked "Cheap" compared to the first. I know the filmed most of it whilst they did the first one, but some of the stuff (mainly the replays of the first movie, which are cut/re-shot). Might just be me, but its not as good as i once thought. Plus i was always comparing zod to the "English zod" from smallville, and i thought new zod was better :(.

So i havent done any film review in a while, mainly as i havent rented any. But TV has kept me busy every sunday for the past 3 weeks with:

Superman 3

Watched this one yesterday, and i loved this movie. Its not made as an "Epic" like the first movie, but its cracking. The worst bit is its a bit to long, although i cant say how much i love it. Richard Pryor is classic in it, at his comedy best as well as , (for me) a great performance from christopher reeve as "Evil Superman".

If anything the story is a bit random, but for me it worked well. I'm guessing it may leave people saying ,"Whats going on?". But again i loved it!

I wont be watching superman 4, as im aware its terrible!

Havent seen that for years until yesterday, was the first film I saw at the Cinema, complete with Return of the Jedi trailer before hand in screen 3 (ABC/Cannon Gloucester, now the Bar in the Regal :( )

Basically Superman 3 is a mish mash of other plots and films i could easily be kitsch James Bond especially with Webster being prime Bond foil as a villain and not up to the Lex Luthor schemes, but fits in well with James Bond villains such as Drax

The start of the film is meant to be pure slapstick and the flaming penguin works well, Some of the special effects even for the time look ropey and, there is too much of leaving the old cast behind and lack of Mario Puzo input in the script

Superman II spent much of the time with the Lois Clark relationship for 3 he has basically fucked her off for Lana Lang.... Did we miss something inbetween?

Superman III is not a terrible film by any stretch of the imagination its just out of place and lost in its own genre, shame

The alternative script, rejected by Warner Bros can be found here

• Paid Members
Went to see gnomeo and juliette yesterday. Made a nice break from the oscar nominees I've been seeing lately. Was a good fun film. Interestingly enough the only american voice in the film was hulk hogan. Never thought I'd see the hulkster and richard wilson in the same film!

What about Dolly Parton????http://ukff.com/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif

• Paid Members
So i havent done any film review in a while, mainly as i havent rented any. But TV has kept me busy every sunday for the past 3 weeks with:

Superman 3

Watched this one yesterday, and i loved this movie. Its not made as an "Epic" like the first movie, but its cracking. The worst bit is its a bit to long, although i cant say how much i love it. Richard Pryor is classic in it, at his comedy best as well as , (for me) a great performance from christopher reeve as "Evil Superman".

If anything the story is a bit random, but for me it worked well. I'm guessing it may leave people saying ,"Whats going on?". But again i loved it!

I wont be watching superman 4, as im aware its terrible!

Havent seen that for years until yesterday, was the first film I saw at the Cinema, complete with Return of the Jedi trailer before hand in screen 3 (ABC/Cannon Gloucester, now the Bar in the Regal :( )

Basically Superman 3 is a mish mash of other plots and films i could easily be kitsch James Bond especially with Webster being prime Bond foil as a villain and not up to the Lex Luthor schemes, but fits in well with James Bond villains such as Drax

The start of the film is meant to be pure slapstick and the flaming penguin works well, Some of the special effects even for the time look ropey and, there is too much of leaving the old cast behind and lack of Mario Puzo input in the script

Superman II spent much of the time with the Lois Clark relationship for 3 he has basically fucked her off for Lana Lang.... Did we miss something inbetween? Superman III is not a terrible film by any stretch of the imagination its just out of place and lost in its own genre, shame

The alternative script, rejected by Warner Bros can be found here

Having a quick look on wiki, it looks like the lady who played lois lane said something about the director which in turn made him cast her as a cameo in the movie, rather than a full part. So they wrote in Lana as a replacement.

Interestingly enough, the lady who played lana lang, also plays Clarks mother in Smallville.

Having a quick look on wiki, it looks like the lady who played lois lane said something about the director which in turn made him cast her as a cameo in the movie, rather than a full part. So they wrote in Lana as a replacement.

Interestingly enough, the lady who played lana lang, also plays Clarks mother in Smallville.

Margot Kidder, is a famous Alky iirc so thats not beyond the realms of possibility, but they could have recast, as seems to be the thing these days.. See the modern Batman stuff

• Paid Members

Saw The Adjustment Bureau last night. It was pretty good, but then again I like Matt Damon. Emily Blunt was good in it but her voice reminds me of Minnie Driver. Which isn't a good thing.

• Paid Members
Superman 2

Of the 4, this is the second worst in my opinion. I know people may like this one more, but to be honest i got very bored of it and couldnt even finish watching it. I have seen it before, and remember it being much better that it was......but again i didnt like it anywhere near much as the first.

:confused::angry::/:(

Number 2 is totally the best Superman movie.

Course it is. No pissing around with trying to placate comic book nerds because his outfit is the wrong shade of fucking blue or some such bollocks that lot always piss and moan about. A nice ensemble cast, some cracking action scenes, and plenty of comedy. Sorted.

I mean, just look at that cast. Hackman, Stamp, Beatty, Cooper, O'Halloran, EG Marshall, Susannah York - bloody marvellous.

Saw The Adjustment Bureau last night. It was pretty good, but then again I like Matt Damon. Emily Blunt was good in it but her voice reminds me of Minnie Driver. Which isn't a good thing.

Watched this yesterday and thought it was one of the most fucking tedious and shit films I've seen in ages. The trailer really miss-sells it as actually its basically a love story with sci-fi elements.

I just finished watching 12 Angry Men on DVD. Was absolutely brilliant. 12 very distinct and believable characters and some very strong acting performances . The dialogue and story is excellent. The whole film is pretty much set in a single room so it's not like they had much else to rely on. Thoroughly recommended and one of the best films I've ever seen.

• Paid Members

Watched this yesterday and thought it was one of the most fucking tedious and shit films I've seen in ages. The trailer really miss-sells it as actually its basically a love story with sci-fi elements.

Well the trailer over here (US) made out that it was exactly that so I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

Due Date - Not sure if it's just me, but i thought it was rather shit, very occasionally funny but the rest was just boring and un-funny. Be classed as the funniest film since The Hangover really does show how bad modern day comedies are getting. No matter how hard they try, nothing will beat the classics like Airplane, Naked Gun etc.

• Paid Members
I absolutely hated it, but most people have disagreed with me. Here's me venting a couple pages back in this thread...

Glad to see i'm not alone and agree with everything you said in your post. Felt like they were trying too hard and ended up just being seriously crap. It's got me worried that The Hangover 2 will be just as crap, lets hope i'm wrong!