DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Isn't Ed Norton supposed to be hell to work with?

He has a habit of taking over projects. He re-edited American History X without the Directors consent but that was just as much down to Tony Kaye falling out with the studio.

He also did re-writes on The Incredible Hulk. Its not known how much he actually rewrote although he didnt get a credit for it but some people have said that he changed about 70% of the original screenplay. There was a story doing the rounds that he was refused into the edit of the film during post production and he did refuse to do publicity for the film when it was released which I think backs up some bad blood although he still thought he was in line to play Hulk in the Avengers

• Moderators
The Ed Norton Hulk is so so shit. Easily the worst of the Marvel Universe films.

Even if you didn't like it, that's laughable. I can only assume you haven't seen the likes of Daredevil and Wolverine?

I think it's better than a lot of the other Marvel films, but those two are so spectacularly awful I can't imagine anyone disagreeing on this.

Oh yeah, it's better than Daredevil and Elektra and the like. I just meant out of the films that are set in the Avengers universe - so Iron Man 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Avengers. Out of all those it's the worst, although I haven't seen The Avengers yet.

• Paid Members

The Incredible Hulk is awesome, it was released around the same time as The Dark Knight and Iron Man IIRC and it was my favourite of the three.

Having said that, Hulk stiff "felt" CG in it, it wasn't til the Avengers that I could completely buy him as being there.

• Moderators
Oh yeah, it's better than Daredevil and Elektra and the like. I just meant out of the films that are set in the Avengers universe - so Iron Man 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Avengers. Out of all those it's the worst, although I haven't seen The Avengers yet.

Ah fair enough... I haven't seen Captain America, but I thought Thor was turd. Plenty of people with otherwise decent taste seem to disagree with me though.

Iron Man is my favourite of the lot.

• Paid Members
The Ed Norton Hulk is so so shit. Easily the worst of the Marvel Universe films.

Even if you didn't like it, that's laughable. I can only assume you haven't seen the likes of Daredevil and Wolverine?

I think it's better than a lot of the other Marvel films, but those two are so spectacularly awful I can't imagine anyone disagreeing on this.

Just out of interest Chest, what aspects of Wolverine didn't you like? I quite enjoyed it, had what I felt was a well cast ensemble group of mutants, so am interested in hearing your opinion. The only gripe I could nit-pick was the bit with the motorbike/helicopter, but even that in a superhero movie I could live with.

I have Spiderman 3 and Daredevil pretty low on the comic film list.

• Paid Members

Avengers is right up there, but I think it adds something to it if you have seen the films leading into it, so its a diffcult one to answer. If you aren't too bothered then my top 5 recommendations of 'stand alone' films in no particular order would be:

Dark Knight

Avengers

Iron Man 2

X Men First Class

X-Men 3 (last stand?)

• Paid Members
Do any of you rank the marvel films in any particular order for viewing?

All the Marvel movies or just the Avengers universe ones?

Avengers is right up there, but I think it adds something to it if you have seen the films leading into it, so its a diffcult one to answer. If you aren't too bothered then my top 5 recommendations of 'stand alone' films in no particular order would be:

Dark Knight

Avengers

Iron Man 2

X Men First Class

X-Men 3 (last stand?)

Dark Knight isnt Marvel. Iron man 2 and Xmen 3 suffer from the same 'lets have a load of set pieces and no story' problem. If you are just going to watch 1 xmen film surely it would be X2?

• Paid Members

Dark Knight

Avengers

Iron Man 2

X Men First Class

X-Men 3 (last stand?)

Good list, except that X-Men 3 is horrible.