DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Just wanted to add to the love for House Of Wax.

By far one of the better teen slasher films of recent memory out there.As was stated above most of the reviews at the time seemed to concentrate on how much of their hatred for Paris Hilton they could get into the review.There are some really great moments in this film,the melting house in particular looks fantastic.The scene in the cinema is the highlight tho for the playing of that fantastically creepy scene from the superb What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?. I thought Chad Michael Murray made for a likeable lead aswell.I'm surprised he's not popped up in more of this or similar fare.

Apologies if somebodies already posted this, but I thought I'd flag it up in here. For those that live near Newcastle and fancy seeing possibly one of their favourite films for just 75p at the lovely Tyneside Cinema this Saturday and Sunday, you might like this. Ignore where it always says "Read More" below, I just C&P'ed from the site. The link's here too.

https://www.tynesidecinema.co.uk/whats-on/7...inema-part-deux

A Clockwork Orange

Saturday 26th May 2012 at 10:00pm

Read more

Akira

Saturday 26th May, 2012 at 22:20

Read more

Reservoir Dogs

Saturday 26th May, 2012 at 22:30

Read more

Donnie Darko

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 00:50

Read more

Evil Dead II

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 1:00am

Read more

Chasing Amy

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 01:05

Read more

Mulholland Drive

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 3:00am

Read more

Get Carter

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 03:25

Read more

The Wicker Man

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 03:40

Read more

Audition

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 05:50

Read more

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 06:00

Read more

Freaks

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 6:10am

Read more

The Great Dictator

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 7:55am

Read more

Strangers On A Train

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 08:25

Read more

The Ladykillers

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 08:30

Read more

The Princess Bride

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 10:35am

Read more

Bicycle Thieves

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 10:40

Read more

The Third Man

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 10:45

Read more

Three Colours Red

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 12:45

Read more

Jurassic Park

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 12:50pm

Read more

Stop Making Sense

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 13:05

Read more

The Marriage of Maria Braun

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 15:00

Read more

Once Upon a Time in the West

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 15:10

Read more

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 3:35pm

Read more

Goodfellas

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 6:00pm

Read more

Jules Et Jim

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 18:25

Read more

Annie Hall

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 18:30

Read more

The Lives of Others

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 20:25

Read more

Volver

Sunday 27th May, 2012 at 20:40

Read more

Fargo

Sunday 27th May 2012 at 9:00pm

Read more

That's fantastic. Lots of brilliant films on there. Are you planning on seeing anything, NEWM?

It's horribly timed for me as my weekend is already full, however I'm going to try and move my plans on Sunday to see Annie Hall and Fargo back to back. Clockwork Orange is one of my all time favourites and I've never seen it at a Cinema, so that would have been great but sadly I can't do it. I'm on the piss for a mate's birthday on Saturday, so if I'm still alive I might try and compose myself enough to stumble in for Mullholland Drive at 3am too.

• Paid Members

A drunken viewing of Mulholland Drive at 3am is probably the only way you could ever make sense of it!

I'd love to see Three Colours Red and The Third Man on the big screen, I have to say.

• Paid Members

Went to see the Dictator yesterday, not the best SBC film, but was funny enough for a boring Monday night. Didn't seem to be on for very long though. Perhaps joke-wearing-thin for more then 1h30min was a factor.

Noticed a poster for Jaws being re-released in the cinemas over the summer, which i'd love to see on the big screen.

• Moderators

I watched the Ed Norton Hulk movie a few days ago.

I generally hate CGI, but I gotta say this is the most I have ever enjoyed a total CGI-fest of a film, ever. Maybe it's because the whole thing kinda felt like a cartoon / video game, that I didn't care about the CGI. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to matter.

• Paid Members

Watched The Wind That Shakes The Barley last night. Pretty crap, probably more interesting to paddies. Liam Cunningham's great in it, though. Cillian Murphy looked about 13 in it.

Watched Surrogates last night. There is a good film in their trying to get out. It's too short (runs about 80 mins start to when the credits role). The ideas are sound, but the 'Dreads' were woefully under untilised, the symbiosis between the Surrogates and Dreads and indeed normal people was hardly explored and the whole thing was full of massive plot holes, that were left unrealised.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

How did James Cromwell's character have time to be 'The Prophet' as well as do all the other stuff, without it being noticed he was a surrogate, as every time a user disconnects the surrogate freezes. When The Prophet is the head of The Dreads and in constant need or constantly surrounded by people. Some one would notice. Also who sent Strictland to kill Cromwell's character in the first place. If it was VSI, then why wasn't it chased up and so on?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Shame, as it could have been decent, mixing elements of Ghost in the Shell and I-Robot. Ultimately the whole thing felt rushed and squeezed in rather than having time to breath.

I generally hate CGI, but I gotta say this is the most I have ever enjoyed a total CGI-fest of a film, ever. Maybe it's because the whole thing kinda felt like a cartoon / video game, that I didn't care about the CGI. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to matter.

I think that Ed Norton's Hulk is about my favourite but I may be a bit biased cos I really like Ed Norton - read an interview with him a few years ago and he came across as a good guy, bit of a philanthropist, intelligent and quite humble.

I also love in that version that they play a tiny excerpt of music from the original tv series with Bill Bixby, a nice touch I thought :D

I watched Limitless. As it trundled along I wasn't really minding it but I was waiting for the thing to get going when I realised there was ten minutes left. As soon as the credits rolled I realised that I fucking hated it.

• Paid Members
I watched Limitless. As it trundled along I wasn't really minding it but I was waiting for the thing to get going when I realised there was ten minutes left. As soon as the credits rolled I realised that I fucking hated it.

I have the book but haven't got round to reading it. Not too sure whether to bother still.

• Paid Members

I think that Ed Norton's Hulk is about my favourite but I may be a bit biased cos I really like Ed Norton - read an interview with him a few years ago and he came across as a good guy, bit of a philanthropist, intelligent and quite humble.

I also love in that version that they play a tiny excerpt of music from the original tv series with Bill Bixby, a nice touch I thought :D

I really liked the Ed Norton one. After the Ang Lee film (which is far better than i remembered it being) they obviously realised that people just want to see Hulk smash shit up and him using cars as boxing gloves, sonic slapping and throwing tanks is what people pay to see when they go to watch a Hulk movie. Plus the entire intro sequence is a nod to the Bill Bixby series (and the musical cue mentioned above)