DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Watched a video (yes, VHS) double bill over the past two days. Two films I had never seen before:

As Good As It Gets - Jack Nicholson is brilliant in whatever role he plays. Helen Hunt looks strangly hot in this. I thought this was great, mostly because of Nicholson.

Jerry Mcguire - Great, great film!! It's a love story, a buddy comedy, a sports film (ish). A great combination and I feel like an idiot for not watching it 15 years ago when it was new...

I couldn't disagree more about Bridesmaids.

Absolutely crap.

If you enjoy 'comedy' that involves people shitting in the middle of the street and throwing up on each other than fine, fill yer boots. But I thought this was lowest-common-denominator, chick flick bollocks.

Feel free to read my review in the link below, and disagree with me if you like. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Damn. I was worried about that.

I love Kristen Wiig on SNL, but when it starts being advertised as The Hangover (which I didnt think much of) with girls, then my hopes were dashed.

I watched Spaceballs for the first time in a while last night, and it is still funny now as the first time I saw it. One of my favourite films of all time with a fantastic cast and jokes I still laugh at. It never gets old.

• Paid Members

just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, what's everyone's thoughts on it? i'm a pretty easy guy to please when it comes to movies but i found it pretty hard to sit through, it's clearly got things going for it but at almost 3 hours and snail paced i just found it pretty boring. Benjamin Button wasn't a very interesting character either, outside of the aging backwards process i didn't really connect with him or feel for him at any point.

thoughts on it?

came in from a night out with my girlfriend last night and was flicking through the channels when up pops thunderbirds are go on sky movies family, so decided to watch it for nostalgic reasons. it was quite fun, just a standard episode but longer. also cliff richard and the shadows were in it as puppets in a dream sequence

Batman Returns

I thought Tim Burton's previous Batman film was flawed with a bit of a contrived plot, but still a more or less fun watch. Batman Returns makes that look like an absolute masterpiece. It's like Burton didn't even give a shit this time around. Everything about it is just so flat.

Batman Begins

Blows every other Batman film out of the water. And really highlights that Tim Burton can't do action.

Insidious

I've never been so disappointed by a film. And I don't mean because of the hype. The first half is really good, and then it goes completely off the rails, becoming a tacky and blunt ghost ride. It sort of becomes Drag Me To Hell without any of the tongue-in-cheek.

Edited by Vice

• Paid Members
Batman Returns

I thought Tim Burton's previous Batman film was flawed with a bit of a contrived plot, but still a more or less fun watch. Batman Returns makes that look like an absolute masterpiece. It's like Burton didn't even give a shit this time around. Everything about it is just so flat.

Batman Begins

Blows every other Batman film out of the water. And really highlights that Tim Burton can't do action.

Batman Returns is far from a perfect film but it's about a hundred times more entertaining than the painfully dull Batman Begins.