DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Day: Yesterday

Time: Evening

Company: Myself and my good friend, Richtor

Film: The Other Guys

Rating: 3.5 stars

Comments: I had a ball watching this film. I found some of the back and forths and banter hilarious. Buddy film for all to enjoy. (Unless you don't find Will Ferrall funny)

This was a strange one for me. I am a big Will Ferrell fan and I love pretty much all the stupid comedies he does. But I thought this was so bad that it became only the second film I've walked out of. Don't know what it was, but I only had 2 chuckles in the 45 minutes I watched. Maybe I'm going off him, but I just couldn't get into it at all.

Oh, and the other film I've walked out of? Meet The Fockers.

• Moderators

Comments: I had a ball watching this film. I found some of the back and forths and banter hilarious. Buddy film for all to enjoy. (Unless you don't find Will Ferrall funny)

How many times have you said the line "See you at the party Richtor" to him since you've known him? If it's any less than a hundred you're doing something wrong.

• Paid Members
Definitely Westworld, because it's not really a western so I can fool her with it. I'm looking for more offbeat stuff which is why I thought of High Plains Drifter. Tears Of The Black Tiger is bonkers too, she'll probably like that.

You could try Two Mules for Sister Sara. :thumbsup:

Definitely Westworld, because it's not really a western so I can fool her with it. I'm looking for more offbeat stuff which is why I thought of High Plains Drifter. Tears Of The Black Tiger is bonkers too, she'll probably like that.

You could try Two Mules for Sister Sara. :thumbsup:

Or if you are looking for another weird Eastwood tale try The Beguiled.

• Paid Members

How many times have you said the line "See you at the party Richtor" to him since you've known him? If it's any less than a hundred you're doing something wrong.

Shit man! You got me. I ain't even married.

• Paid Members

The Beguiled is an amazing film, THE great forgotten Clint classic. Not sure if it's really a Western as such though. Two Mules For Sister Sara is good too. Clint is as good a source for revisionist westerns as he is for the formula classics.

You could also try Back to the Future 3 if you wanna trick her in to liking westerns.

You could also try Back to the Future 3 if you wanna trick her in to liking westerns.

Blazing Saddles? Musical, Western, Comedy, etc etc all rolled into one

I watched House on Haunted Hill yesterday. It's one of the many horror dvds Poundland have in for Halloween. I've bought a few and enjoyed them so far and the artwork on the covers are awesome too. This one was great. Vincent Price is really good, it has quite a good story and does manage to be creepy in places.

• Moderators

This is just getting silly now. Can we stop before someone recommends Cactus Jack.

This is just getting silly now. Can we stop before someone recommends Cactus Jack.

Awh what no Shanghai Noon :rolleyes::thumbsup:

What about The Good, The Bad and The Weird instead?

or even the upcoming The Warrior's Way

• Paid Members

That one depends on your Mrs sense of humour.

I've seen people be hugely offended by Blazing Saddles - even once you explain the "joke" to them.

• Paid Members

Cactus Jack is awesome. It annoys me that so few people have seen it.

"See my gun? It's a seven-shot six-shooter. I had it specially made"

"Why?"

"I don't know"

Blazing Saddles also gets a lot of love from me. I may even watch it today.

"Well, my name's Jim, but most people call me.............Jim".

• Paid Members

Cheers for all the recommendations. It's going to be a hard sell because she didn't like Back To The Future 3, and she loved the first two, but I'll give it a shot.

I watched House on Haunted Hill yesterday. It's one of the many horror dvds Poundland have in for Halloween. I've bought a few and enjoyed them so far and the artwork on the covers are awesome too. This one was great. Vincent Price is really good, it has quite a good story and does manage to be creepy in places.

Bollocks, I just bought that off Amazon for

Just got back from Paranormal Activity 2. Really liked it. I loved the first one and if you liked that then you will this one, and if not, then you probably won't.

I thought it was probably more scary than the first, but relied more on loud noise jump scary. The build-up on the scenes with the same noise soundtrack as the first works perfectly again. The cinema was packed and added to the atmosphere once the 15/16 year olds started getting into it and thankfully not get bored.