DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Just got back from Vegas so had plenty of films to watch on the way there and back.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid- I had seen the trailer for this over here in the UK and thought it looked quite quirky, but knew it wouldnt be a film my mates would be willing to part money with to see. As it happens, I was probably right NOT to suggest to my mates that we see it, not because it's a bad film by any means, but it's targeted towards pre teens and thus deals with issues 11-12 year olds go through. As it happens, it actually had it's moments where it was quite funny and the 2 main characters are very good in their seperate roles. The main protagonist can be a bit of a dick at times, but you always seem to be rooting for him.

Shrek 4- I actually thought it was really good! I wasn't expecting anything at all but I'm a sucker for films that deal with alternate realities with the same characters and such. It's nothing special by any means and is totally outclassed by Toy Story 3, but is a decent installment in the Shrek series and is better than the 3rd film atleast!

Kick ass- Absolutely loved it! Really liked the fact that despite being an American film, there was a heavy influx of British actors. Even Tamer Hassan gets a cheeky cameo as a hitman! Can't really say any more that no doubt already been said about this film, but it's stylish, gory, funny, entertaining and just a great film overall!

Hot Tub Time Machine- I've seen it before but couldn't resist giving it another watch. I personally really like it! It never takes itself too seriously and is a very enjoyable film with some genuinely funny parts. Harshly critisied in my books.

Kick Ass is actually British. Besides a few American actors it was independantly financed and shot, written and directed by Brits. Theres a great doc on the making of it on the Blu Ray that goes deep into it. It was shot in England on sound stages and on location in Toronto.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

EDIT - silly double post might as well use it.

Watched DTV Slasher film Killer Movie this morning on Blu Ray. Considering its widely panned I enjoyed it. Its not good by any stretch but I like slasher films to the point that I get a kick out of there conventions and this film is deeply unorigional. Essentially the plot is Paris Hilton-alike and crew make a reality TV show in a small town high school and people start to snuff it due to masked killer. You can't go wrong in my view esspecially when you have Kaley Culco (sp) from Big Bang Theory. My tolerants for bad slashers is extremely high so most of you will hate this. The Blu Ray is not great but has a pasable transfer for DTV. The audio seems heavy on the music and light on the dialogue.

4 sharp weapons out of 10

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

Sunday night the wife and I sat down to watch the Roger Cormen produced early 90s DTV martial arts action epic Bloodfist 2. It stars Don 'The Dragon' Wilson and a host of real life martial arts champions. Frankly it was awesome. It gives the Expendables a run for its money in the actiontastic stakes. The martial arts are often far from good but it comes so hard and fast its hard not to love it. The plot is essentially a whole hearted rip off of Enter the Dragon with the best fighters in the world being kidnapped and forced to fight in a tournament on a private island. For those that enjoyed the delights of the Best of the Best quadrilogy I highly recomend this. You can get 1-5 at your local Poundland or get the German uncut complete box set. This is a cheesy fun time that left me with a great big smile.

7 bargin bins out of 10

• Paid Members

Been viewing this for weeks. About time i contributed

Day: Sunday

Time: Morning

Company: me and the wife

Film: The Hole in 3D

Rating: 2.5 stars

Comments:Really was looking forward to Joe Dante's latest, but I found other then some nice 3D effects the film to be a bit long winded and too scary for kids, not scary enough for adults. Disapointing

Day: Friday

Time: Evening

Company: Me and the Wife

Film: Yes Man

Rating: 3 stars

Comments: I LOVED the book, and had I not read that first maybe this would have scored a bit better, but I had. Jim Carrey was pretty damn good in this film. Could have done with more of Zooey Deschannel. Rhys Darby in another film/show steeling role on top form. I expected to hate this film for not being faithful, but it was better then it deserved to be. worth a watch

Edited by Nick Soapdish

Last night I watched Fatal Deviation. Forget Plan 9, forget The Room. THIS, this is without a doubt the worst film ever made. Not in a disappointed with the new Star Wars kind of worst film ever, but in a horrific acting, absent directing and truly bizarre editing, worst film ever. And plotholes, dear God the plotholes!!

• Paid Members

Day: Yesterday

Time: Evening

Company: Me, myself and I

Film: South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut

Rating: 4.8 stars

Comments: I love this film so much. It is incredibly easy to watch, still funny as hell and has some great musical numbers.

At this time, I will take the liberty of answering any questions/criticisms at this point.

Yes, LaGoosh?

Why the fuck are you using that retarded format? No one cares when you watched a film and who you watched it with.

Well you see, I enjoy writing things on here. I used to write in a quirky, different way however that was met with some criticism so I adapted it. If I was to change everytime someone took a disliking to something I did (rather than expressing a constructive view to change), I would be in a real pickle!

Finally, I wouldn't be so bold as to say NO ONE cares. I certainly care when I watched it, and I know full well the good lady would care who I watched it with as well! Granted she doesn't read this forum, so that's more of a pedantic statement than an arguement. I guess what I am trying to say is: Why does it really matter to you?

Edited by Gordon_The_Gopher

• Paid Members

saw Cyrus in the cinema yesterday, anyone expecting a Step Brothers/Superbad mash-up is going to be sorely disappointed. This is a low budget, sinister little dark comedy about something a lot of people go through. I enoyed it, but i'll admit i find it hard to adapt seeing comedic actors in such serious type roles. Go in with an open-mind and you might enjoy it, but i assume a lot of people will be leaving cinema disappointed and a little confused.

• Paid Members
I used to write in a quirky, different way

It's not quirky...it's dumb.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Why does it really matter to you?

Because I don't like seeing good threads cluttered up with so-called quirky posts with no real content. Go ahead post your film thoughts in here, that's what it's for...but please, I'm begging ya', ditch the stupid format.

Your name should be LaDOUCHE!

Great.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
I used to write in a quirky, different way

It's not quirky...it's dumb.

That, mon amis, is an opinion.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Why does it really matter to you?

Because I don't like seeing good threads cluttered up with so-called quirky posts with no real content. Go ahead post your film thoughts in here, that's what it's for...but please, I'm begging ya', ditch the stupid format.

No.

I don't like seeing good threads populated by people complaining about the contributions of other people to the thread. I am now posting something which is, quite frankly, off topic and I hate that as well.

If you don't like it, skip right on past it. That's not really difficult. It's not like I am quoting reams of text and giving a one line response, I'm contributing to the topic. So please, if you don't like it, just ignore it. Or complain about it in the proper way, not by posting in the thread and taking it off topic.

Thanks.