General politics discussion thread

David

Sorry for my ignorance of not searching this thread but has anyone heard of or had any encounters with Britain First?

Some tit who I work with is facing the sack for CC'ing everyone an e-mail about them. I had a quick nosey at their site Britain First and laughed a whole lot. I wouldn't even say the website is thinly veiled to the out and out racism it spews. They should have just gone ahead and said WE HATE NON WHITES in big letters and linked themselves with the KKK, fucking idiots.

I don't see them doing any damage anywhere but it is worrisome that another group is going down the same route as the BNP and the like. When will they ever learn?

Sorry for my ignorance of not searching this thread but has anyone heard of or had any encounters with Britain First?

Some tit who I work with is facing the sack for CC'ing everyone an e-mail about them. I had a quick nosey at their site Britain First and laughed a whole lot. I wouldn't even say the website is thinly veiled to the out and out racism it spews. They should have just gone ahead and said WE HATE NON WHITES in big letters and linked themselves with the KKK, fucking idiots.

I don't see them doing any damage anywhere but it is worrisome that another group is going down the same route as the BNP and the like. When will they ever learn?

Britain First was formerly known as N9S, an out and out Nazi group.

Some tit who I work with is facing the sack for CC'ing everyone an e-mail about them.

Just out of curiosity, what was the email? Was he joking about the groups views and/or very existence? Or was it a serious "these guys are good lads" type email?

Edited by David

Some tit who I work with is facing the sack for CC'ing everyone an e-mail about them.

Just out of curiosity, what was the email? Was he jokng about the groups views and/or very existence? Or was it a serious "these guys are good lads" type email?

Full blown support.

Edit: Cheers for the explanation Merzbow. I didn't really have the time or space to do a search about them before.

Edited by Rule One

Full blown support.

Backing up the stereotype then of these kinds of people not being too smart by the looks of it. Who, in this day & age, would CC an email supporting a far right political party around their work colleagues? :confused:

Edited by David

• Paid Members
Well, big mickey?

I've seen his name crop up on the EverythingEDL timeline on Twitter, he is still a bell. Literally.

A sample big mickey tweet:-

Downton Abbey is in good form at the moment lol #EDL

On a slightly more positive note, if (or rather, when) Obama wins the next election, surely it can't be as bad as the last four years? Second term presidents are nutoriously more risk taking in their policies, so it's likely that Obama, with nothing to lose will actually try to get some Democratic, left wing policies up and running.

On a more depressing note, here's an article about the British economy:

Britain has moved closer to its second recession in three years after official figures showed the UK economy contracted by 0.2% in the last three months of 2011.

A severe drop in manufacturing output in the last quarter dented hopes that the UK could avoid joining much of Europe in a slump that is expected to push up unemployment and see thousands of companies go bankrupt.

Capital Economics, a leading firm of economic analysts, said it was likely the UK was already in recession.

Britain's industrial sector suffered a tough quarter, with the Office for National Statistics reporting that factory output dropped by 0.9%. Activity in the construction industry also fell, by 0.5%, while the UK's dominant services sector was flat.

The figures are likely to reinforce expectations the Bank of England will inject more stimulus into the economy next month after governor Mervyn King warned of an arduous recovery ahead.

George Osborne said the government would not change its fiscal plans, adding that the fall in GDP was partly caused by the eurozone debt crisis.

"I think we've got the right plan, we've got to stick to it, but we've got to accept that Britain's economic problems

• Paid Members
On a slightly more positive note, if (or rather, when) Obama wins the next election, surely it can't be as bad as the last four years? Second term presidents are nutoriously more risk taking in their policies, so it's likely that Obama, with nothing to lose will actually try to get some Democratic, left wing policies up and running.

Depends how Congress goes. If the Republicans hold either house, there's a good chance that their right wing/Tea Party brigade will go "hey, we only lost because we picked a rubbish moderate like Romney, so now it's time to block *everything*."

Yes, I guess one has to put their faith in the American public to realise that the Republicans have been hampering the economy for their own political gains for the last four years. The fact that the Republican front runner is a man who left his wife with cancer for a younger, healthier woman, along with preaching for the "sanctity of marriage" whilst asking for an open relationship, is worrying to say the least.