The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

To me retaining the Ashes is no acheivement unless you win the series. Winning a series is one of the most coveted things in Cricket and to do it would put the players on another level.

This x1 million. You go in to every test series with the intention of winning it, so why should you settle for a draw against the Aussies just because it's them? Simply retaining a minature trophy that will be forever (and rightly) held in the Lords museum doesn't mean anything, it's just a drawn series.

Plus it would be fairly embarassing not to win this series comfortably with the aussies in such dreadful form.

And thirded. I said back in this thread before the series got underway that a draw wasn't enough for me, I want blood. And I stand by that, England to take it 3-1. Not going to sleep tonight until we wrap it up, but I only think we'll need around an hour, anyone heard if Harris is coming out to bat or not?

Edit - It appears Ryan Harris needs surgery on a fracture in his ankle.

Edited by Harvey Dent

I would be HUGELY surprised if we didn't win by 50 runs and an innings. The series has had some very good high and low points, speaking of which does the result of this test series go anywhere to the ICC rankings?

As much as it's been hyped, it's basically a battle for third place in the rankings. A quick check on cricinfo shows we were just ahead of the aussies on 5th december, so a series win should consolidate that. South Africa are just above us, but the fact they won the first test v India, and are perhaps on course to make it 2-0 means its unlikely we'll go past them.

I've no idea how the rankings are calculated, mind. :rolleyes:

And from a selfish point of view, I hope they don't bother sending Harris out tonight, cos that could end up dragging the finish out a bit.

I don't think I've ever been so happy and proud at a sporting moment. To bring home the Ashes from the MCG with a crushing win for the first time in my life. This is just a golden moment, we've dominated and we deserve this. I'm still adamant I want to, and think we will, win at the SCG, but this is just great. Well played lads.

I don't think I've ever been so happy and proud at a sporting moment. To bring home the Ashes from the MCG with a crushing win for the first time in my life. This is just a golden moment, we've dominated and we deserve this. I'm still adamant I want to, and think we will, win at the SCG, but this is just great. Well played lads.

Barring a few moments in F1 that I can think of right now, yes yes and yes. This is definitely the proudest I've felt in regards to watching cricket. I was still few years from being born the last time England won the Ashes in Australia, so I've not had to live through as much pain though the 5-0 drubbing from three years ago is still painful. England should, and probably will, come out attacking at the SCG and they'll go for the win to rub as much salt in the wound as possible. Part of me hopes not though since I've got a few bets with mates that it'd be a 2-1 victory to England.

Fingers crossed the players celebrate by doing the sprinkler.

so proud of how this team has developed, think we could be entering a golden era in english cricket.

• Paid Members

I've really no idea what Ponting will do next, and there are no clear candidates to replace him.

Great effort from England again. We really have developed into a great squad in all forms of the game but this is the icing on the cake - but we still need to win the series!