The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

I remember being in awe of the Windies bowling attack back when I was a kid. To see them being swept aside by Pakistan like that was a sad sight.

Who's playing this season then?

Hopefully I will be. Going for a knock in the nets this Saturday with my mates team and will hopefully find my feet again. Haven't played properly since school as I picked up a serious knee injury but I've been working on my fitness last couple of years. Biggest problem I'm probably gonna have is my eyesight has gone to shit since then, so I'll probably have to go the Vettori route as I can't wear contacts.

I hadnt had time over the weekend to post my thoughts on our world cup exit, not much to add really. We're just shit at ODI's.

I'm playing. We have our first game on Saturday 16th - looking forward to it to be honest, been training for last month or so indoors and we have our first net outside on Thursday.

We've had a bit of a disaster with our Overseas Player though. He's suddenly told us that he can't get a Visa unless he has about 4000 New Zealand Dollars in his bank account when applying. He reckons he's tried everywhere for the cash, but can't get hold of any. So he's asked our club for a loan for the amount - which equates to

I was going to try to, but my summer is a bit up in the air with me going between Liverpool and Leeds depending on when I have gigs and festivals to play at. My friend said that he might be able to get me a couple of games for his side which would be good. I'm going to try and get some time in the nets over the next few weeks so that if I do get to play a couple of games (possibly just friendlies) then I'll be in decent nick to bowl.

If I get the chance to though, I'd really love to.

• Moderators

First nets tomorrow, first game on the 17th April. Should be fun. North Wales league.

Ian Salisbury is going to get knocked all over shop. First season in three I've played.

Edited by ButchReedMark

What does everybody do here? I've always had aspirations to be an off spinner.

Middle order right hand bat myself, can bowl a few medium pacers if needed. I really wanted to be a real pace bowler when I was a kid, but just never could get the speed and accuracy I wanted so I concentrated on batting.

• Paid Members

My cricketing career lasted only one year at secondary school, played in the school team as an opening batsman, wasn't great but I really enjoyed it (especially going to the posh schools where you'd be able to sit in something resembling a pavillion and have some food put on after). After the end of our first season the school sold off the land we used as our pitch and with nowhere to play they disbanded the cricket team :(. Never had the confidence to try out for a club.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

What does everybody do here? I've always had aspirations to be an off spinner.

Opening batsman and leg spinner, playing in South Yorkshire Premier. Not a bad standard to be honest, our captain is Lesroy Weekes - who used to play for Yorkshire, Northants and West Indies age groups. He's not as quick as he used to be, but he makes up for it in pints of guiness drunk. I'm his vice captain/taxi driver.

We've got 4 saturday teams, a sunday team, Under 17s, two under 15s, two unders 13s, two under 11s and an under 9s. Its amazing really, over 250 members. There's always room for players at a club Burchill's Buddy, no matter what standard you play at, you always find like minded players. Whether its good quality first team cricket, or the 4th team lads that play for complete enjoyment, have twenty scones at tea and twenty five pints after. Contact your local club, Im sure they'll sort you out.