New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members

It's the right call to shift it. Moffat's been going on for ages about wanting it to be on when it's dark outside. Also means they can have a regular-season episode around the date of the 50th anniversary next year.

• Paid Members

McGann's flip-flopped, saying he'd love to get involved but also that he feels the show's way above his station these days. Either way, if there's a multi-Doctor episode, this won't be it. It'll be the start of series 8, near the anniversary, if at all. I reckon we're more likely to get some revelations about the Doctor's origins than we are to get a multi-Doctor episode, especially as Smith's Doctor didn't recognise Prisoner Zero's impersonation of him just after he regenerated (suggesting he hadn't seen himself looking like that before).

McGann's flip-flopped, saying he'd love to get involved but also that he feels the show's way above his station these days. Either way, if there's a multi-Doctor episode, this won't be it. It'll be the start of series 8, near the anniversary, if at all. I reckon we're more likely to get some revelations about the Doctor's origins than we are to get a multi-Doctor episode, especially as Smith's Doctor didn't recognise Prisoner Zero's impersonation of him just after he regenerated (suggesting he hadn't seen himself looking like that before).

I don't understand, why would he have seen himself looking like that before? I'm not sure there's many more revelations to be had about his origins. There's not really much mystery left there. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the 'doctor who?' question is more about where he's meant to be at a certain stage, what he becomes to the universe rather than a reveal about his origins. Unless they just chuck us his name from the classic series again, although I'd much rather if he revealed his name only we never hear it because humans can't comprehend it even with the TARDIS translating.

To be honest the 'doctor who' hook doesn't really interest me much. It was a neat line but I'm more interested in Moffat's promise of more stand alone stories.

• Paid Members

My brother went to the convention in Cardiff this weekend. Apparently they revealed that Amy/Rory's last story has the Weeping Angels in it and takes place in New York City. They were all still extremely tight lipped on anything to do with the 50th Anniversary though.

• Paid Members

I don't understand, why would he have seen himself looking like that before? I'm not sure there's many more revelations to be had about his origins. There's not really much mystery left there. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the 'doctor who?' question is more about where he's meant to be at a certain stage, what he becomes to the universe rather than a reveal about his origins. Unless they just chuck us his name from the classic series again, although I'd much rather if he revealed his name only we never hear it because humans can't comprehend it even with the TARDIS translating.

To be honest the 'doctor who' hook doesn't really interest me much. It was a neat line but I'm more interested in Moffat's promise of more stand alone stories.

If Matt Smith's Doctor bumps into the earlier versions of himself then those past versions would've met his new self.

Of course they could always do the "This isn't what is supposed to happen! Some external force is messing with time!" bit that they've done before to explain it.

• Paid Members

If Matt Smith's Doctor bumps into the earlier versions of himself then those past versions would've met his new self.

Of course they could always do the "This isn't what is supposed to happen! Some external force is messing with time!" bit that they've done before to explain it.

Yeah, this just doesn't work in Doctor Who, otherwise Doctors 2&3 look like morons for not knowing how to defeat Omega. It makes Doctors 2,3 and 5 look like morons when 1 is the only one to figure out how to defeat Borusa. It makes 6 look like an idiot for not knowing how to immediately sort the story in The Two Doctors.

The idea that this somehow prevents multiple Doctor stories is insane.

• 2 weeks later...