What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I only regularly watch The Office, Parks and Rec, and Modern Family, and out of the three, Id say Parks and Rec had the best finale, along with the best season. The Tom and Ann relationship story is a bit weak, but apart from that, its been top notch for most of the season. All of the top characters are excellent. Even though its unfair, when you compare the characters to the main ones from The Office, then the likes of Ron, April and Leslie are now a lot better than the likes of Jim, Pam and Dwight.The Disney episode of Modern Family was the best episode for a while in my opinion. It can still be great in parts, but I think its definately got more inconsistant this season.Anyone else watching Planet Earth Live? I can only watch it if Ive taped it, as there seems to be loads of padding out on each show. It seems to be 2 minutes of actual footage of the monkeys or lions, then about 5 minutes of Hammond or the other woman talking. Yesterdays show was an example of that, as I think I finished it in well under 10 minutes. Lots of talking, and only about 5 minutes of good footage of the meerkats.

It's taken me ages to realise that the sitcom The Middle, which gets trailered on 5 or 5USA, isn't in fact Malcolm in the Middle. It looks identical.

A new series of DIY SOS: Big Build started last night. I love this programme. I know it is the intention but it really tugs on the heartstrings each episode. Last nights was a really emotional episode as they were remodelling a house for a family where the father had been told he had got Motor Neurone Disease and had not long left to live.Heart breaking stuff, hard to watch without shedding a tear for the guy and his family.

I only regularly watch The Office, Parks and Rec, and Modern Family, and out of the three, Id say Parks and Rec had the best finale, along with the best season.

How have you seen next week's Modern Family already? Is it online anywhere?

I only regularly watch The Office, Parks and Rec, and Modern Family, and out of the three, Id say Parks and Rec had the best finale, along with the best season.

How have you seen next week's Modern Family already? Is it online anywhere?
I just assumed the Disney one was the finale, and didnt realise there were a few more episodes left. It certainly felt like a finale sort of episode, too.

• Paid Members
Community's a bit like when every WCW match was an "on a pole" match, isn't it? Did they ever do episodes without gimmicks? I enjoy the show, so it's not a knock.

The 3 episode finale last night was a let down. The 8-Bit one was quite good, and the other two had a few laughs, but they didn't feel like a finale.

Community's a bit like when every WCW match was an "on a pole" match, isn't it? Did they ever do episodes without gimmicks? I enjoy the show, so it's not a knock.

Well said. I got a bit bored in Season 2 with a new episode being something different. Its still enjoyable but it lost its charm with me anyway.

I'm a huge Community fan. Sure they push the high-concept button a lot compared to S1 but I think they needed to carve a niche.

Looks like there may indeed be a different feel to the next season as showrunner Dan Harmon has left (or not been brought back by Sony). Harmon didnt seem to want to play ball and let his vision be altered by the people who paid him and he comes off as incredibly difficult to work with, so it makes sense if they didnt want the hassle. Wouldnt be surprised if that was a term of the renewal for S4, that he doesn't come with it.

It makes me wonder if the next season will have a feel that the last season of Scrubs and the more recent of The Office had; a show that had died for a few minutes and is on life-support; a walking corpse.