What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

What, miss Piggy? All yours mate.

I was only joking, but I'm sure shes lovely. Add me to the list of Alison Brie lovers.

Anyhoo, I've just finished the first season of Game of Thrones, top quality stuff, shall spoiler the rest just incase!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Joffrey Baratheon is perhaps the most detestable person on television. Argh, God I hate him so much (in a good way). Jon Snow and the Wall was probably my favourite part of the show, loved that storyline. Its all great stuff really. Although I knew Sean Bean and Mark Addy didn't make it through Season 1 i still enjoyed it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Can't wait to watch Season 2 now, I'm probably going to have to read all the books as well...

Edited by Cobra1000

Finally a good episode in the third season of Eastbound and Down.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Funny from start to finish. Will Ferrell was great as usual as Ashley Schaeffer and was good to see Reg Macworthy back. However, I'm a little concered that Kenny fucking Powers is going to get the happy ending he doesn't deserve. He knocked Macworthys eye out, is a dick to everyone and is still going to seemingly go to the Majors and get the big titted girl of his dreams.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I've been watching The Big Bang Theory recently, I think it goes well with "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two And A Half Men" under the "extremely popular comedy shows which are extremely fucking shit" umbrella.

I've been watching The Big Bang Theory recently, I think it goes well with "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two And A Half Men" under the "extremely popular comedy shows which are extremely fucking shit" umbrella.

Yeah, I'd agree that all three of those are complete gash. It actually angers me that toss like that gets season after season while good stuff gets canned because there aren't enough Americans with a good sense of humour.

• Moderators

I think they're all very obvious and quite shitty, but not entirely without merit. The kind of show I can flick on if I need some mindless entertainment (provided I'm on my own because I'd be too embarassed for anyone else to see me watching them. I want to be able to laugh at jokes I know are shit without feeling like I'm being judged for it).

They're all leagues ahead of the real US sitcom turd like, say, Mike & Molly. That's the real "throw something at the TV" level garbage.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

There's a venn diagram in my head regarding sitcoms - it's "Sitcoms that are funny" (occupied by Friends, Golden Girls, and many others) and sitcoms that have people being pointlessly mean to other characters (which is basically Two and a Half Men) - in the middle is It's Always Sunny, Seinfeld, Curb, and lots of the best sitcoms. There's just something about Two and a Half Men that puts it on a level of shitness that is hard to reach - I find it kind of upsetting, it's super obvious at every turn, it's very mean spirited, and on top of it, Ryan Stiles is the only person in the whole thing that even reaches par in terms of his performance. The kid is shit, Sheen is wank, I haven't seen an episode with that replacement mannequin, and above all, Jon Cryer is maximum shite. Honestly, he's had multiple Emmy noms... I just hope that means that every year, they make him eat a fucking emmy in the style of an internet cat meme. The cunt.

• Paid Members

Absolutely. I'm completely baffled by how popular they all are. They are all completely terrible. It's quite sad just how far the US network sitcom has fallen since the 90s, actually. At one time you had Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld and Roseanne crossing over.

• Paid Members

Absolutely. I'm completely baffled by how popular they all are. They are all completely terrible. It's quite sad just how far the US network sitcom has fallen since the 90s, actually. At one time you had Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld and Roseanne crossing over.

Sitcoms have felt like a dying trend in the US since the late 90's. The four camera comedy just seems to die on it's arse now. In fact over here it's a pretty similar thing. Shame really, We all love a good studio audience sitcom.

EDIT: I think I've only seen two episodes of Two and a half Men and yes, it was fucking awful. In addition I hate seeing a show slowly losing it's way. Scrubs for example IMO had three really good seasons then it slowly started dying and it was sad to watch as it wasn't a bad show. Then it became an unbearable show.

Edited by Chilli_Dog

• Moderators
Genuinely, Cryer is like a fucking temporal blip - he has caused me to travel mentally through time and reassess any project he has been involved with, in light of his shit spread on top of the twat bagel of Two and a Half Unbearable Cunts.

I thought he was a dickhead before, but if he's got you questioning Back to the Future then that's really unforgivable..

As to the rest of the conversation about all sitcoms being shit and being a dying trend - utter bollocks. There's just shitloads of choice and we get more of the US ones than we used to. There's always been a multitude of appaling sitcoms made in the US and we generally only got the best. Nowadays cable channels here will buy any old shite to fill TV time. There's still plenty of good shows too.

Edited by Chest Rockwell