What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Good to see a few more on here getting into New Girl. Been watching it since the pilot was first shown over here, really enjoy it. The best thing about it is that it's one of those rare shows that both me and Mrs Punk can watch. That doesn't happen often.

Zooey obviously is lush in it, her model friend is also worth a boner, the dialogue (as NEWM pointed out) is fun but for me the best thing about the show is Schmidt (assuming that's how you spell his name). He's fucking brilliant.

EDIT: this reminds me- New Girl is normally on Fridays but I have nothing in the Sky+ after last night. Was it even on??

Edited by PunkStep

Finally got round to watching Community. Glad I did, it's bloody hilarious.

Enjoy it while you can, but don't get over-excited. Barring some still-glorious moments, it falls off a cliff towards the end of Season Two, and doesn't seem to be recovering long into Season Three. An almost flawless first season though.

Finally got round to watching Community. Glad I did, it's bloody hilarious.

Enjoy it while you can, but don't get over-excited. Barring some still-glorious moments, it falls off a cliff towards the end of Season Two, and doesn't seem to be recovering long into Season Three. An almost flawless first season though.

Whilst I'd agree that it peaked at the end of S1 and S2, S3 has still had its moments- Remedial Chaos Theory and the excellent Documentary Filmmaking: Redux (with a awesome turn by Dean Pelton) amongst these. Didn't think much of the first ep of since the recent revival though.

I hated it. Granted, I only watched about 10 minutes, but it resembled X Factor crossed with The Running Man.

I liked the concept from what I'd heard of the American version, but wasn't so impressed when actually watching it. Mainly because the quality of the singers was that awful cabaret type that usual gets flagged up at audition stage on the X Factor. Also, the coaches singing/dancing along in their chairs was annoying as fuck. I'll probably stick with it though, as in the watchable crap collection of my planner, it's at least a slightly different format to the other more tired talent shows.

I've started watching Doctor Who from it's return in 2005. Just finished Season 1 and the first Christmas special, and so far, I'm thinking it's pretty overrated. I'm sticking with it because there have been some good-to-great episodes - the first Dalek episode, the WWII two-parter and the season-ending two-parter were all fine. For the most part though, I've been disappointed. I was tempted to turn off during the episode with the farting aliens and not bother watching again.

I've started watching Doctor Who from it's return in 2005. Just finished Season 1 and the first Christmas special, and so far, I'm thinking it's pretty overrated. I'm sticking with it because there have been some good-to-great episodes - the first Dalek episode, the WWII two-parter and the season-ending two-parter were all fine. For the most part though, I've been disappointed. I was tempted to turn off during the episode with the farting aliens and not bother watching again.

It's always looked like an inadvertently scheduled CBBC programme to me. I find the enormous critical and commercial success of it rather befuddling.

The thing with Doctor Who is, they started at such a low ebb production-wise with Christopher Eccleston's version and then gradually increased the standard so that each series makes the last look and seem shit.

You can track it back since it came back, and each series has had better casting, better effects, better production, better direction etc. etc.

I thought Tennant's Doctor and the TV show was quite good, until Moffatt's incarnation came along and now I can't go back and watch Tenant's shows without thinking it looks cheap and nasty.

I still prefer the Eccleston version over Tennant and Matt Smith.

There is something more sarcastic about it that I really like. The overly sentimental, soppy crap and the hammy over acting that has seeped in since has really spoiled it a little for me. I did watch most of the last series though, but didnt really enjoy it

he overly sentimental, soppy crap and the hammy over acting that has seeped in since has really spoiled it a little for me.

Tennant's perhaps, but Moff has pretty much done away with that. His sentimental moments seems to mean a lot more.

BEING HUMAN

Cracking 4th series, got the show back on track. Amazing that its managed to change its main cast and it doesn't really ruin the show. Hal has been brilliant.

Also featured a brilliant turn from James Lance

Edited by GalaxyV.2