What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Enjoyed the first episode of Eastbound and Down, but it wasn't as funny as I'd hoped for.

This presentation of the show on stalking on Channel 4 right now has been lifted from Catfish to the point that I'm finding it annoying.

except it's even more suspicious. I mean she has naked pics of her posted online by her boyfriend (it's mentioned at the start so no a spoiler) then she lets channel 4 show the pics and she mentions they're on google. Seriously, this girl is at Uni? Maybe I've become a embittered, cynicle old bastard, but something -I don't know what- doesn't quite seem right

Enjoyed the first episode of Eastbound and Down, but it wasn't as funny as I'd hoped for.

This presentation of the show on stalking on Channel 4 right now has been lifted from Catfish to the point that I'm finding it annoying.

except it's even more suspicious. I mean she has naked pics of her posted online by her boyfriend (it's mentioned at the start so no a spoiler) then she lets channel 4 show the pics and she mentions they're on google. Seriously, this girl is at Uni? Maybe I've become a embittered, cynicle old bastard, but something -I don't know what- doesn't quite seem right

I'm sure they mentioned at some point that she was at a school for people with special needs? That's the only way you can explain anyone believing the "someone took pictures of every room in my flat" line.

Thanks, I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought "you what?!" when she said that. Frankly I'd rather of seen a repeat of catfish of "village of the dolls", was that what it was called? More4 showed it last year about a guy who got kicked to near death and took photos of a WW2 village he made for his dolls and figures

• Paid Members

Watched the first episode of new US drama 'Luck' last night. The first episode was directed by Michael Mann & it stars Dustin Hoffman as a gangster recently released from jail who's involved in illegal betting/horse racing. Absolutely stellar cast including Nick Nolte, Dennis Farina along with the dad from Transformers & Neil Avadon from Murder One. Michael Gambon apparently comes into it later too. The first episode was good, considering they're just introducing characters it kept our attention throughout & seems to have a really broad scope with lots of possible sub-plots (ala Game of Thrones, The Wire). Deffo one to watch as I think it's got the possibility to develop into something very interesting.

Been catching up with the latest episodes of the Walking Dead and enjoying it, a lot of people are complaining about the character development and pacing but I think it's fine for what its supposed to be.

My only bugbear with it is Sarah Wayne Callies, I don't buy her in anything she's been in and sucks everything out of the scenes she is in.

• Paid Members
My only bugbear with it is Sarah Wayne Callies, I don't buy her in anything she's been in and sucks everything out of the scenes she is in.

Oh to be in one of those scenes.

You can have her. I don't see what the appeal is.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

You can have her. I don't see what the appeal is.

She's far too thin now. Back in the Prison Break days I would have been on top of it in a New York Minute (I'd have finished up in about a minute too).