What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
I've been watching the latest series of Room 101. Frank Skinner has done really well to take over from Paul Merton and the change from one guest to three has really worked out. They had Danny Baker on one particular episode and the man is an absolute genius.

All I will say about this weeks episode...

Luckily Jamelia's lovelys were on show to counteract Germaine Greer, ugh.

When she said that she sold herself for a living that certainly brought a smile to my face! Slapper.

Yep. 52 days. Counting them down.

Season 2 / A Clash of Kings Spoiler SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I can't even begin to imagine how cool the Battle of the Blackwater is going to be on screen.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I wouldn't be suprised if the majority of it took place offscreen, I doubt HBO have the budget to give the battle it's true justice sadly.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm up to book 5 (technically 4 I think) and can't wait to see how scenes from the book play out in my head. There's one scene from book 3, part 2

the Red Wedding, which will be the most shocking thing in TV probably when they do it

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); that I'm dying to see.

Spoilers from book 3, part 2

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

You will be happy to know you're wrong about the Battle of the Blackwater :), it's going to appear in its full glory, massive fucking chain and all in episode 9. It's a full 16 minutes of battle apparently, with the screenplay written and filming overseen by Martin. Cannot fucking wait.

Ah it looks like you're around the same bit as me then, I've just finished book 3 part 2 and the red wedding is indeed going to be amazing. Especially with all the other complete craziness that goes down just before and after it. I assume this will be season 4, Storm of Swords is to big to fit into 10 episodes I think, so a couple of years to wait yet but man that's going to be good.

I think book 3 HAS to be split into two seasons due to the scope and material. I'm not ashamed to admit that the Red Wedding did have me incredibly choked up

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Watched the first Season of Eastbound and Down and thought it was okay, I didn't laugh out loud once, but it had me smiling. Something much better though was the first Season of Bored To Death which I thought was great. Watched the first episode of Community and Friday Night Lights too, both of which are looking like will be be firm favourites of mine!

Also, do the people that make these Mad Men is sexist comments even watch the fucking TV show?

Anyone watching the new series of Being Human? Must say its started off promising, line-up changes are often difficult but I like the look of the new Vampire Hal.

really enjoyed the first episode but

it felt like a season finale so much happened. tovey and keenan quitting was dissapointing. nina dying offscreen felt like a bit of a cheat. i know there was a reason behind but just to have brought up 5 minutes into a conversation was a shock. even though i had guessed it by how depressed george looked in the promos. at least they got tovey to do his death scene. and it was very good. stupid manly feeings *sob*

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

the second episode was more comedy but i enjoyed it. funny litte duo with tom and hal now. the major arc for the season is set up and im full of expection that it will deliver.

although michael socha(tom) is so similar to his sister (lauren socha who is kelly in misfits) cant help feeling she'll pop up

Edited by iamtheman

So every morning as I eat my Special K, I watch According To Jim on Channel 4. A sitcom starring Jim Belushi. Against all logic, I find myself absolutely loving this show.

Everybody Loves Raymond>According to Jim.

You know it makes sense.

I've recently got round to watching The Soprano's and it is fucking excellent. Though, i'm sure you all know that already.

Just started season 3, though, and the weird semi-animated head w/ spliced together old dialogue they used for Livia's last scene (as she'd snuffed it in real life) is awful. I'm not sure laughter is what they were after..

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Just started season 3, though, and the weird semi-animated head w/ spliced together old dialogue they used for Livia's last scene (as she'd snuffed it in real life) is awful. I'm not sure laughter is what they were after..

Yes! This was so damn noticeable, it looked terrible. I know she had just died in real life, but still, they didn't need that scene.

"Don't wave your hanky at me!"