What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I've not been watching anything really different right now. The biggest thing is I've fallen for Emmerdale. If you missed it the local hard man turned out to be a self loathing homosexual. Sounds like the usual guff but it has been so well acted by all involved and written it's brilliant. Danny Miller (who plays gay Aaron) was robbed at the soap awards. Scott Maslen best actor? He just shouts alot. Tossrag.

- Currently just getting to the end of Lost, Season 2. I've absolutely loved it so far, but I can see how it must have been a right piss take at times if you were watching week to week. It's taken a while to bother, but now I have, I'm really glad I've done it this way. Season 6 in HD all loaded up in the Sky Planner for when we get there too, that will be great.

- Junior Apprentice is just a fucking riot, like it would be anything else. Some of the kids are painfully easy targets, but it's still a treat. If you like the regular series and haven't bothered with this, catch up on iPlayer. It's only two weeks old, it will rock your face.

- US Apprentice is great too. I mainly took an interest for Maria and Goldberg, but the show has got me suitably hooked. Only problem is the run time, just about TWO HOURS an episode. Way, way too long, I struggle finding time to watch an episode in full. Especially as half of the time is just taken up rehashing or previewing other parts of the episode. Good fun if you've got the time though.

- Still on my Gilmore Girls odyssey after catching the pilot and series linking. Think we're somewhere in the middle of series 2 at the moment. Don't care how much of a benny it makes me, it's just a thoroughly joyous hour of TV. And Lauren Graham is absolutely gorgeous too. Painfully hot, actually. Part of me thinks that if Lorelai was played by some fat old boiler, I probably wouldn't bother with the show.

im addicted to glee and 90210 right now. ive just finished watching season 2 of 90210 (finished in the states on tuesday) which has been pretty good, glee i never got when it started but they started repeating on weekdays in order to catch up before the regionals episode so i started watching it and enjoyed it

another show im loving is man v food on uktv food, ive actually watched most of season one and all bar two of season two on youtube but its a real fun show just to highlight how fat americans get when you see some of the portion sizes and challenges

I've never watched Lost apart from one episode, not because I didn't like it, was really good, but it's one of those programmes you need to see from the beginning to understand what it's all about. My wife's work mate has DVD box-set so might ask to borrow it one day.

Oh yeah, forgot about Junior Apprentice, enjoying that one too. Think I've got it right both times with who should go. Going to miss Pob though! lol Alan Sugar often goes on character as opposed to what they achieve, which I like.

Wouldn't mind seeing US Apprentice with Goldberg. Is that only on download or has a channel over here picked it up?

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Ashes to Ashes and Grey's Anatomy finales.

Surprised there hasn't been an Ashes to Ashes thread - I loved the last episode. Took my a second viewing to fully get my head around it but it was superb.

As for Grey's Anatomy - i've said it before and I'll say it again - it gets a very rough ride because people assume it's a women's show, but it's consistantly one of the best shows coming from the US. The finale was awesome. Even better than last year.

Watched The Office season finale last night, and was really, really impressed with it. One of the best episodes of the season. The scene in the plane with Michael and Jo pretty much summed up everything that is so fantastic about the show, and the cliffhanger of sorts was a unspectactularly nice way to end the season. Nick the IT guy's outburst was really funny too. Season 6 has been the weakest in a while, but for me the good has still outweighed the bad in huge numbers, and there's still more than enough mileage to justify Season 7. I've got an inkiling that could be the last though. Steve Carrell has said he is likely not to renew his contract which expires in 2011, so there's really no need to carry it on past then.

Wouldn't mind seeing US Apprentice with Goldberg. Is that only on download or has a channel over here picked it up?

I'm just downloading it. I assume it might make it here at some point in 2015 on BBC1 at 3 in the morning or something, but I wasn't really prepared to wait that long.

Surprised there hasn't been an Ashes to Ashes thread - I loved the last episode. Took my a second viewing to fully get my head around it but it was superb.

Agreed. A terrific finale episode, which while explaining a lot also left some things unexplained, which added to the mystery. Daniel Mays was terrific in that episode from start to finish, and Hunt was excellent as always.

Ill say Ashes to Ashes because I loved the series. Alough the ending was a bit strange that I didnt understand. Had to look on wiki to workout what it all meant.

Other than that Doctor Who the series has been good so far. Still not as good as Pertwee ones but still enjoyable.

Watched The Office season finale last night, and was really, really impressed with it. One of the best episodes of the season. The scene in the plane with Michael and Jo pretty much summed up everything that is so fantastic about the show, and the cliffhanger of sorts was a unspectactularly nice way to end the season. Nick the IT guy's outburst was really funny too. Season 6 has been the weakest in a while, but for me the good has still outweighed the bad in huge numbers, and there's still more than enough mileage to justify Season 7. I've got an inkiling that could be the last though. Steve Carrell has said he is likely not to renew his contract which expires in 2011, so there's really no need to carry it on past then.

I think they should carry on regardless of Carrell. It's not the Michael Scott show, after all. Jim, Pam and Dwight could carry the load for the "I only like the people who were in season one" crowd while a new boss is integrated. I think The Office could be like ER as far as revolving cast members go. I liked the last episode, but then I've always found The Office pretty strong.

I prefer Parks and Recreation now though, I think. Aziz Ansari (Tom) and Chris Pratt (Andy) are two of my favourite actors on telly at the mo.

Community's alright, as well. Much more traditional sitcom, but still pretty unique. Same guy that did Computerman as well, I used to love that back in 2004.

I've also been watching the superb Breaking Bad, the laughable Flashforward, and Frank Skinner's Opinionated. I've been resistant to Sarah Millican, but I think she's alright now. She's certainly better than most of the panel-show regulars.

• Paid Members

The US version of The Office is fantastic. I agree with pity. I think that much more than the British version, the yank version has a strong all round cast that is much better developed and can carry the show.

I prefer Parks and Recreation now though, I think. Aziz Ansari (Tom) and Chris Pratt (Andy) are two of my favourite actors on telly at the mo.

Absolutely. Week-on-week, Parks and Rec has absolutely smoked The Office this season. Tom Haverford's my favourite character in either show since we first met Andy Bernard. I hope its there-or-thereabouts ratings don't stop its progression, because there's obviously so many things to do with the characters before it gets stale. Plus, it would be nice to one day see the Park get built. I'll be watching the season finale tonight, but overall it's been an absolutely superb show so far.

Not watching much at the minute, Sky + card is fucked, they're sending new one. Got Dr who still to watch saved on the planner, can't even watch that. Lost channel 5 too, so no Kirsty Duffy for me :(

Have to make my own entertainment instead ;)

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Absolutely. Week-on-week, Parks and Rec has absolutely smoked The Office this season. Tom Haverford's my favourite character in either show since we first met Andy Bernard. I hope its there-or-thereabouts ratings don't stop its progression, because there's obviously so many things to do with the characters before it gets stale. Plus, it would be nice to one day see the Park get built. I'll be watching the season finale tonight, but overall it's been an absolutely superb show so far.

Unfortunately due to ratings it's not coming back til feb/march I believe. Obviously not as bad as getting cancelled but less known shows haven't fared well in the past when taken off air for 9-10months. Really hope it doesn't, it's great fun and as you said - theres a lot of potential in the characters. Community is still my favourite of that sitcom block though (office,30rock,p&r) - the paintball episode was genius

Edited by organizedkaos