UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

His eyes looked really weird anytime he walked to the ring around this period. High as a kite.

Can't forget the bloating too and the unwillingness to take bumps.

what was his last appearance, i know he entered the rumble 2000 wearing jeans

Edited by 2Xtreme_lives

His eyes looked really weird anytime he walked to the ring around this period. High as a kite.

According to Wikipedia, his last match was against Steve Blackman on the May 27th 2000 episode of Heat.

WWF @ New Haven, CT - Coliseum - May 9, 2000

Crash Holly pinned WWF Hardcore Champion Davey Boy Smith to win the title after interfering in Bulldog's title match with Hardcore Holly and hitting both men with a trash can lid

Although he was in a bad way during his last run I remember going to the Glasgow leg of the 2002 Insurrextion tour wondering if he would return. Couple of weeks later he was dead. Sad.

After watching Money in the Bank 2011 today. Why didn't Vince just cancel the Cena/Punk match if he didn't want Punk to leave with the belt?

I expect this was explained in the build-up but i just kinda keep up to date with WWE results and watch occasional matches.

Also my Cena hating friend claimed to me that during Punks year long + title reign he only main evented 1 or 2 PPV's cos Cena always did. Is this anywhere near to the truth?

Just saw Bret on Facebook apologizing about a joke he made about Pat Paterson recently, a joke that could be considered homophobic. Does any one have any info about this and what the joke was?

Ta,

Pat got down on one knee and proclaimed Bret the best Canadian wrestler of all time. Bret quipped that when Pat starts getting on his knees he starts getting scared.

I found it funny, but classy of Bret to apologise in the event that somebody was offended by it.

After watching Money in the Bank 2011 today. Why didn't Vince just cancel the Cena/Punk match if he didn't want Punk to leave with the belt?

I expect this was explained in the build-up but i just kinda keep up to date with WWE results and watch occasional matches.

Also my Cena hating friend claimed to me that during Punks year long + title reign he only main evented 1 or 2 PPV's cos Cena always did. Is this anywhere near to the truth?

Do you mean in the storylines or in terms of the backstage issues? Storyline wise Vince did want to but Cena threatend to leave to and even made a "brother" comment to make an inside joke about jumping to TNA, which of course scared vince into the match happening.

If you mean backstage issues, then Punk would have happily done the job if he was leaving and asked to

Do you mean in the storylines or in terms of the backstage issues? Storyline wise Vince did want to but Cena threatend to leave to and even made a "brother" comment to make an inside joke about jumping to TNA, which of course scared vince into the match happening.

If you mean backstage issues, then Punk would have happily done the job if he was leaving and asked to

Yeah i meant storyline wise. Thanks, i thought it might be something along those lines.

In Punk's big title reign, he main-evented:

TLC 2011, Night of Champions 2012, Hell in a Cell 2012, Survivor Series 2012, and Royal Rumble 2013. Maybe one or two more, but i cant think of them. But there's no point in crying about the ones he didn't close - the fact that Cena, Triple H, Lesnar, Rock etc were all around doing more important stuff above him is the only reason Punk got to keep the belt so long. If WWE needed a champion that could headline every ppv, Ice Cream Phil wouldn't have been the champion. His reign happily coincided with, and was completely enabled by, the huge returns and part-timers.

Just saw Bret on Facebook apologizing about a joke he made about Pat Paterson recently, a joke that could be considered homophobic. Does any one have any info about this and what the joke was?

Ta,

I think he may have been referring to the Bret Hart Appreciation Night segment after last weeks Raw when a few guys (Paterson, Jericho, HBK, Vince) came to the ring and gave nice speeches about him. Can't remember the exact line, but Bret made a comment about Paterson being on his knees, implying some sort of blowjob gag. My mind is sketchy so can't recall what it was, but that was the gist of it. The whole segment is on DailyMotion is you wanna check it out.

I didn't see the segment but read that Patterson got down on his knees to bow to Hart. Hart said he made the comment about getting nervous when Patterson gets on his knees to diffuse the emotion/tension of the moment.

I really don't think Patterson would mind given his self depreciation during his speech at Hall of Fame when he inducted Mad Dog Vachon.

More of a question of opinion, but me and my mate are contemplating going over to New Orleans next year to go to the Raw after Wrestlemania. We can't afford Mania, but after this years Raw-after-Mania we both really want to go. But we're worried that it'll just be a depressing trip cos it'd be full of fans that were at the Big One and we'd get pissed that we weren't there too. Would you go over to America just to do the post-Mania Raw?

• Paid Members

Here's what I found:

Belladonna - Local girl from Nashville. She jacked it in around 2005 time. Still lives in Nashville.

Priscella - Jerry Lawlers ex-girlfriend. Her name was Priscella because she was fucking the King at the time. She's long gone as well.

Disgraceland - An indy wrestler named Luther Biggs who came from the Power Plant. Never hear his name around anywhere, so he's probably out of the business as well.

Thing with some of them early TNA wrestlers is that they were beyond cheap pieces of talent. Like local stripper types. CM Punk was getting paid in sandwich vouchers and he was a fairly big name on the indies, so if these people weren't working for a digestive and a carton of Ribena, I'd be stunned. Most of them were stop gap characters who were never going to do anything in the business just to fill up TV.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay