UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

please does anyone know where i would be able to find old wrestling radio shows to download please ?

I'm going to assume you mean The Wrestling Radio Show, as broadcast in late 92/early 93? I have a few episodes on cassette tape somewhere (with me on them!), though the chances of me a) finding them anytime soon and b) being able to upload them anywhere are very slim at best. Here's an article that explains a bit more about the show/the channel it was broadcast on...

Christopher England talks about The Wrestling Radio Show and "Ian"

Watching some random Youtube clips the other day and got reminded of one thing that I never really understood. When Flair returned the night after Mania 17 and revealed he had bought Shane and Steph's share in the company so he and Vince were now partners, why did Vince start pulling on his ear?

It was the night after the Invasion ended at Survivor Series 2001.

I always assumed it was a kind of involuntary mannerism that people do when they are stressed or nervous like scratching your head or rubbing your eyes.

It was the night after the Invasion ended at Survivor Series 2001.

I always assumed it was a kind of involuntary mannerism that people do when they are stressed or nervous like scratching your head or rubbing your eyes.

So it was. Memory getting a bit hazy in my old age :laugh:

I recently aquired a bunch of ROH shows from The Wrestling Channel caps and was wondering if there is anyway of finding out dates for the shows. Ive tried google about this but some people have said for some reason TWC didnt air them in any sort of proper chronogical order saying dates were random what they decided to air.

Recent WWE attendance figures

RAW

- 2/1 in Chattanooga drew 7,000 and $170,000

- 2/2 in Montgomery drew 6,000 and $200,000

- 2/3 in Birmingham drew 6,500 and $185,000.

SMACKDOWN

- 2/2 in Greenville, NC, drew 5,500 and $200,000

- 2/3 in Augusta, GA drew 3,500 and $100,000.

source: Wrestling Observer Newslette

Does anyone know how the gate money is calculated? Is it gross takings, takings after expenses, takings after expenses and internal costs?

I've always found it peculiar that a show with less paying fans can bring in more money - eg Greenville vs Chatanooga. It might simply be different ticket prices, but if anyone knows shout out.

• Paid Members
Recent WWE attendance figures

RAW

- 2/1 in Chattanooga drew 7,000 and $170,000

- 2/2 in Montgomery drew 6,000 and $200,000

- 2/3 in Birmingham drew 6,500 and $185,000.

SMACKDOWN

- 2/2 in Greenville, NC, drew 5,500 and $200,000

- 2/3 in Augusta, GA drew 3,500 and $100,000.

source: Wrestling Observer Newslette

Does anyone know how the gate money is calculated? Is it gross takings, takings after expenses, takings after expenses and internal costs?

I've always found it peculiar that a show with less paying fans can bring in more money - eg Greenville vs Chatanooga. It might simply be different ticket prices, but if anyone knows shout out.

It might have something to do with different states taxing different amounts aswell but i'm not 100% on that.

gate money is normally the total of ticket sales before anything else is taken out. do WWE charge the same prices everywhere? it could be some shows are cheaper than others or that for some shows they've sold more of the cheap tickets. could also be that attendance is counting freebies as well as paying punters.