UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

When was the last time Brodus Clay lost a match?IIRC he may of lost to Christian at some point Prior to WM last year, although thats all i can think off! And if undefeated, anybody know his record?

April 26th 2011. Christian & Randy Orton beat Alberto del Rio & Brodus Clay.He lost in FCW a few times since then though.

Was checking the listings for the UFC Best of 2011 DVD on FightDVD and was wondering why the bonus disc is made up of fights already on the first disc? Are the first disc ones not full versions?

It's usually the key parts in the review, then full matches on second. Didn't know it was out yet, only UFC DVD I buy each year

Have the WWE ever publicly acknowledged TNA on-screen at any point? Is there any examples? There's got to be at least one.Also, what's the deal with the Dudley Boyz name? I know it was trademarked behind their backs by WWE, so they had to use alternate names, but TNA have referred to them as the Dudleys on many occasions and Bully Ray has been referred to as Bubba numerous times. So, is it just a case of TNA doing it for the sake of it and to hell with the consequences?

• Paid Members

What was the deal with that Jerry Lawler vs Jake Roberts match from WWF Summerslam 1996? A total burial that made me feel just a bit sorry for old Jake.Some of it was hilarious though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Have the WWE ever publicly acknowledged TNA on-screen at any point? Is there any examples? There's got to be at least one.

Last year, during the Cena/Punk angle, the Raw after MITB just before Triple H came down and told Vince he was nicking his job. Vince was about to follow through on his promise to fire Cena if he lost. Cena said something along the lines of "I love WWE, but this is what I do, and if I can't do it here, I'm gonna go and do it in someone else's company, BROTHER." That's about as direct as we're likely to get until they go bust and Vince buys the video library just for shits and giggles.Looking back, all the insider stuff worked so well in that angle, but it's baffling that WWE thought that it'd work for Punk to carry it on afterwards. Methinks the writers might've got a bit swept up in the online reaction to that first (incredible) promo.

• Paid Members

If TNA did lose Spike TV, Panda would probably just keep TNA's copyrights and video library. WCW was up for sale, so the WWF made them an offer. If TNA goes down, I imagine TNA will either be sold to someone to keep them alive or just rot in a warehouse somewhere. I dont think TNA will ever end up in WWE's hands. WCW's situation was completely different.

If TNA did lose Spike TV, Panda would probably just keep TNA's copyrights and video library. WCW was up for sale, so the WWF made them an offer. If TNA goes down, I imagine TNA will either be sold to someone to keep them alive or just rot in a warehouse somewhere. I dont think TNA will ever end up in WWE's hands. WCW's situation was completely different.

Surely WWE would make Panda an offer they couldn't refuse? Would Panda be able to market a dead company that well?

• Paid Members

Have the WWE ever publicly acknowledged TNA on-screen at any point? Is there any examples? There's got to be at least one.Also, what's the deal with the Dudley Boyz name? I know it was trademarked behind their backs by WWE, so they had to use alternate names, but TNA have referred to them as the Dudleys on many occasions and Bully Ray has been referred to as Bubba numerous times. So, is it just a case of TNA doing it for the sake of it and to hell with the consequences?

I think i read Kaval said TNA in a rap on NXT and got a telling off. Could be wrong but I''m sure i read it in powerslam.

What was the deal with that Jerry Lawler vs Jake Roberts match from WWF Summerslam 1996? A total burial that made me feel just a bit sorry for old Jake.Some of it was hilarious though.

It's ok, it just made Jake's payback on RAW a few weeks later all the more sweeter! It was indeed hilarious, the match was realy bad but I still loved the segment for all of Lawlers antics.Mid 90s Burger King was great. Remember his magistrator too?.... Macho mans face on Boogers gut & tits, shitflies swarming around the dumpster, Tito's dancing banana...... wish i could mind them all, but I do remember always getting a laugh from them back in the day. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Surely WWE would make Panda an offer they couldn't refuse? Would Panda be able to market a dead company that well?

WWE probably wouldn't make them an offer they couldn't refuse. I doubt WWE would pay over the odds for tapes they really don't need. What is there in TNA's vault that they would want? WWE doesn't find any value in re-releasing ECW or WCW tapes. I cant see a DVD entitled "Silver Vision presented The Best of Feast or Fired - 3 Discs".Can't see TNA going anywhere anytime soon anyway. They'll probably always be around in one form or another. Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure that WWE owns the name but can't legally stop TNA from referring to the past. As long as they don't promote them as "The Dudley Boys" then it'd be hard for WWE to successfully take action.WWE are likely on shaky ground with that trademark anyway. Not only did they have no input in creating it, they've nothing with it since 2005 so a court could easily rule that they've abandoned it.

• Paid Members

WWE has no grounds to sue for those trademarks anyway. They always lose when it goes to court. The Dudley Boyz could have their names back if they wanted, but they didn't want to waste the money and time when. Nobody in WWE wants a judge to look over those one sided contracts. Its completely mental. Warrior, Honky Tonk Man, Demolition Ax, Jesse Ventura, Jake Roberts and a few others all got their names back when they took legal action.WWF sued WCW for the use of the Razor and Diesel characters, but that would have probably got thrown out if Gene Okerlund didn't go on his hotline and say "WWF have sent Razor and Diesel to take over WCW" on his hotline. I think Okerlund got fired over it for a bit.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I do think WWE will end up buying the TNA library, simply for use on compilation DVDs for guys like Sting (he will get one eventually), Hogan and the Hardys.I would definitely add that the ROH library would probably be of more value to WWE at this point thanks to Punk, Bryan and the Kings.Ideally, I just want them to collect the ROH/FIP compilations for Punk into Tagged Classics.