UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
How did they get the ring to collapse on Sunday night? I know they took the support away on one side but is there any more to it?

So nobody knows then!?

Also, was the first ever babyface to babyface WWE Championship title change Bret dropping the belt to Shawn?

I would say the ring was "rigged", and to be honest thats about as much as i could tell you. It depends on the build of the WWE ring, as normally you have have support Iron bars around the outside that attach to the ring posts. Possibley a switch on the straps underneith the ring?

So not a full answer, other than it would of been "Rigged up".

Also wasnt Hogan/warrior the first ever real big babyface/babyface match ever?

How did they get the ring to collapse on Sunday night? I know they took the support away on one side but is there any more to it?

So nobody knows then!?

Also, was the first ever babyface to babyface WWE Championship title change Bret dropping the belt to Shawn?

I would say the ring was "rigged", and to be honest thats about as much as i could tell you. It depends on the build of the WWE ring, as normally you have have support Iron bars around the outside that attach to the ring posts. Possibley a switch on the straps underneith the ring?

I guess the call goes out to anyone on the UKFF who has set up a wrestling ring!

I forgot about Hogan/Warrior, thanks. Is it strange that we dont have more babyface vs. babyface matches?

• Paid Members

So nobody knows then!?

I guess the call goes out to anyone on the UKFF who has set up a wrestling ring!

I forgot about Hogan/Warrior, thanks. Is it strange that we dont have more babyface vs. babyface matches?

I have set up a ring!

It depends on the build of the ring. Normally you have the square frame with either a spring in the middle or sometimes not, again depending on the ring. You would have the inner framing, with padding/canvas on top of that. Also normally from corner to corner you would have ratchet straps to keep the whole thing tight on the underside, with the ropes keeping the top half tight.

Considering the post fell off altogther, id imagine it may off been a loose post/trick post that was remotely or manually pinged off on impact. I'm guessing unless WWE say so, you will never really know for sure mate.

then again that much weight could just collapse a ring anyway.

I saw a clip of this bump, no way was it a natural occurrence. It fell in the exact way that it did when they did that same spot with Lesnar a few years ago.

Would a real break not look more like the Bam Bam Bigelow ring break in ECW or the one in the Bradshaw / Big Show cage match? It just didn

• Paid Members
I saw a clip of this bump, no way was it a natural occurrence. It fell in the exact way that it did when they did that same spot with Lesnar a few years ago.

Would a real break not look more like the Bam Bam Bigelow ring break in ECW or the one in the Bradshaw / Big Show cage match? It just didn

Both of those would of been rigged as well mate.

Rings can just flat out collapse, but it'd be more sudden than that but again it depends on the ring.

This is what I was about to say, about the JBL/Big Show Barbed Wire Cage match anyway. The finish of the match was Bradshaw swerving everyone by winning after he climbed out from underneath the broken ring which gave him the win. I'd doubt they would have changed the finish like that on the spot because of the ring collapsing, it would be too good to be true.

Edited by ThePhenom

Cripes, it's all gone a bit 9/11 conspiracy in here. It was a controlled demolition! The ref was a hologram.

tracked down a couple things, just need a pair of glasses like his, might just buy cheap kids ones! cheers mate

hopefu;ly track down a kids title belt too!

The Hogan-era toy belts seem quite hard to come by at the moment. I know Jakks did bring one out of that belt a few years ago, but that seems quite rare as well now. This one's decent enough though:@

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWE-HASBRO-WINGE...=item4cfb2c7b70

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

So nobody knows then!?

Maybe it just collapsed on its own...

We can't take that chance!

Both of those would of been rigged as well mate.

Rings can just flat out collapse, but it'd be more sudden than that but again it depends on the ring.

Oh yeah, I realise that. Same as the other instances (Foley from through the cage etc). I was just wondering if that would be any closer to a legitimate ring break than the corner posts imploding.

• Paid Members

It was certainly the first massive PPV main event or World title match I can think of between faces in the WWF, but there are also the following televised examples or face vs face that pre-date it, if you're interested :

Ricky Steamboat vs Davey Boy Smith (The Wrestling Classic)

Hart Foundation vs The Rockers (September 11th 1989 edition of Prime Time)

Ric Flair vs Sting (Starrcade '89)

Road Warriors vs Steiners (Starrcade '89)

There might be more, but those come to mind as I've recently watched all of them.