UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Not really into UFC but shows with any combination of Liddel, Ortiz and Couture against each other are a series of great matches, I think they are about UFC 40-60

Liddell-Couture = UFC 43, UFC 52 & UFC 57

Couture-Ortiz = UFC 44

Liddell-Ortiz = UFC 47, UFC 66

Recently started watching UFC and think it is f'n brilliant.

Anyone got any recommendations for specific events that might be worthwhile purchases etc?

If you have got a bit of time on your hands, and aren't averse to spoilers, just work your way through the MMA Past Fight Discussion thread and see if something takes your fancy. Lists of must see fights going back to the start of promotion, show reviews, good discussion, fascinating tidbits of information and not just solely on the UFC. Also the likes of Pride, WEC, Cage Rage etc get a heavy look in.

• Paid Members
There's also an interview with Mick Foley next Monday, which could be explosive. He's recently moaned about Meltzer criticising his TNA work, and it'll be the day after his match with Ric Flair at Bound For Glory - so if that match sucks, expect Foley to cry off the interview to avoid any possible slating.

It was actually a really good interview to be fair. Meltzer and Foley had a great conversation about what is wrong with the current over the top nature of the storylines and angles in wrestling. Really enjoyed it. Been enjoying alot of Foley recently.

Who was writing TNA shows in the 2004-2005 period?

Depends. There was a period where Dusty Rhodes booked it, during the Fox Sports Net era and there was a period up until Russo took over where the booking team of D'Amore, Tenay and Borash.

I'm not entirely sure if that's the period I'm wondering about. At some point around then I thought TNA was brilliant.

There's also an interview with Mick Foley next Monday, which could be explosive. He's recently moaned about Meltzer criticising his TNA work, and it'll be the day after his match with Ric Flair at Bound For Glory - so if that match sucks, expect Foley to cry off the interview to avoid any possible slating.

It was actually a really good interview to be fair. Meltzer and Foley had a great conversation about what is wrong with the current over the top nature of the storylines and angles in wrestling. Really enjoyed it. Been enjoying alot of Foley recently.

I agree. It was a pretty absorbing chat, and he was pretty critical of some TNA practices.